Best product for my Sun burnt plastic

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
It was only $10 I didn't expect much

I've heard good things about Ultima Tire and Trim Guard...

I previously used PB Trim Restorer but it leaves a bit of an oily finish, more than I'd like anyway. On the interior I use Chemical Guys VRP, and outside plastics and tires get Chemical Guys G6 Hypercoat

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
Used the ultima on the wife's Tahoe today. Her trim was pretty bad off.
9d6a007e.jpg

Running board before
ba3f0cde.jpg

and after 30 minutes drying
840f8431.jpg

It's a lot thinner than I thought it would be, but works great. If you do get the ultima, you probably wanna use your own foam applicator. The one they send seems to waste.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I just realized how crappy they were lol. Snapped a couple with my phone while I was out there.

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine from autogeek I think. A little goes a long way with at stuff too. I ended up doing my car the Baxter morning. All the trim on both rides today still look like I put it on this morning. So far so good!

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
On really bad plastic/trim I like poorboys trim restorer, then top it with ultima tire and trim or 303 aerospace

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
Whelp my wife is the one that pointed this out to me even though my father has used this type of product for something like 40 years.

UV protective boat and marine plastic conditioner.

My dad is a Master Marine Mech so I dont know why it took my wife telling me about it to get that big "Doh!" moment. lol

Really any brand works really well.

Boats are in the sun all day so that stuff doesnt play around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back