Product for removing water spots.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Before I get into the product questions, this is for my Canadian friends Mustang site.
I can't get on your site any longer. I tried putting in a new password and I get back, you already have a user word and password.

With all the great features in my new 2012 Mustang GT Convertible it has one black mark, it's black and hard to maintain. Anyone know of a product that is used for removing water spots.

FredB66

Reaction score
There's a boat cleaning product specifically for water spots called Hot Sauce. It works great on the car and I even use it on our glass shower enclosure.

gbstang

Reaction score
The only thing I know of to remove water spots is to dry it immediately, you should wash and dry in the shade.. You can't do anything about deposits in the rain but then why is your ride in the rain?

I would recommend using a quality car wash and wax.. All treatments (Wax, Ceramic or Graphene) have car washes that boost/maintains the finish of those products. Nothing can compare to maintaining your vehicles finish. My cars are stored indoors, I do not drive them in the rain but I still wash them regularly, this includes waxes...

Cheers!

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
We only have three seasons. Snow, rain or damm hot. Like you I keep mine inside, never goes out in snow (road spray) seldom in rain and of course out when it's hot. I've only owned this car two weeks, switching from an all-white Mustang. I did wash it yesterday at the car wash and sit in the heat waiting on a car from Texas and two from Canada. Can't water wash at home due to water restrictions during fire season. After washing the car I drove home and the combination of 50MPH and heat I only found two places with water spots and dried them off. But that is rare.

2012 Mustang 5.0.jpg

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Mustand 1st wax.jpg Today I gave the car it's first waxing. I used a product that was good for helping with scratches and removing water spots. I was very pleased with the outcome. I don't recall seeing reference to using a buffer but when I open the package it listed, "use a particular type buffer to remove swirls in the paint". I did it by hand and it may be better using a machine, but I was pretty happy with the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back