BMR suspension is in!

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:leghump::leghump: Saturday a couple friends and I put in the BMR level 1 suspension kit with Eibach Sportlines instead of the BMR springs. I got everything from Lethal Performance and couldn't have asked for anything more!!! I had ordered the kit in May, but a couple peices were on backorder and everything didn't arrive until 3 weeks later, on memorial day. unfortunatly, this was the day i left to deploy for 3 months and didn't know it had arrived. Eventually, all the boxes got shipped back to him and when we (Jared, me) eventually got in contact, he held all the parts for the next 3 months!!!! When I got back, we worked out the price difference for the springs and to re-ship everything and all the parts arrived within 2 days of each other. Everything with that went perfect!!

The install was not bad, it just took time... about 6 hours including the 'how the hell does this come off' time. The only parts we didn't put on were the LCA relocation brackets and the adjustable UCA. The passenger side bracket was a mismatch for 2 bolt holes, and we didn't have a drill or anything. As for the UCA, well if we could have gotten the bolts on the stock one to NUDGE, then we might have pursued it more :)

Here are some pictures from today with the car really dirty:

All that is left to do is get an alignment, and have a shop put on the UCA and weld on the relocation brackets. I also have two 12" resonators i need welded in too.... oh yeah and that KB.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
nice! You'll love it!

Have you noticed any sounds while driving? I have the BMR Level 1 Handling and Rear control arm packages, and I've been hearing a good amount of noise up front for the past few months (had the suspension for a bit longer than that). I've taken it back to the shop and had them re-torque and grease everything, but the noise hasn't changed. It's fairly loud, easy to hear. The noise is like a metal-on-metal clunking sound when I hit a bump or a dip in the road, like something is loose. (it doesn't happen on tight turns turns, only on bumps regardless of going straight or turning) It doesn't take a large bump at all to get the clunking sound. It hasn't gotten any worse, so I suppose it's ok, it's just a bit annoying :)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. I bet you can't wait to see how it drives after the alinement.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back