BMR UCA Mount install issue

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I received my BMR UCA and UCA mount. The rear holes on the UCA are what seems to be incorrectly placed. The bigger hole on the UCA is either not wide enough or the smaller hole is not positioned correctly. The bolt will not go straight into the threaded hole on the under body of the car and I am pretty sure I ruined the threads. I have emailed BMR and I am awaiting a response. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, how do I repair the threaded hole now? The bolt will not thread straight into the hole now, even without the mount present. See pictures attached. I have compared the holes to the stock UCA and they are not the same.

The picture attached is like for like compared to stock mount, it's the bigger hole. The opposing hole in this picture was lined up exactly with the hole on the stock UCA mount.

Last edited:

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
For some reason it is not allowing me to upload two pictures into one post from my phone.

Last edited:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does that mount not have a slotted or elongated hole on one side? My J&M mount did similar to how the stock one was. Or is that the smallest slotted hole I've ever seen?

Anyway you'll have to find out what threads the bolt has on it (probably M12-1.75) and see if you can run a tap up in there, hopefully it's not too boogered up to save the threads.

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Does that mount not have a slotted or elongated hole on one side? My J&M mount did similar to how the stock one was. Or is that the smallest slotted hole I've ever seen?

Anyway you'll have to find out what threads the bolt has on it (probably M12-1.75) and see if you can run a tap up in there, hopefully it's not too boogered up to save the threads.

Yes it does have a slotted hole on one side, the picture in the first post is up against the stock UCA mount against the slotted hole. The threads don't look or seem absolutely trashed, I will try the tap.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If that's the slotted hole in the first picture then they aren't giving you enough "play" to work with there. Looks kinda small too compared to the hole in the factory one. Any chance you could drill them out a touch larger?

Hope the tap works for you, if not you'll have to helicoil that insert.

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
If that's the slotted hole in the first picture then they aren't giving you enough "play" to work with there. Looks kinda small too compared to the hole in the factory one. Any chance you could drill them out a touch larger?

Hope the tap works for you, if not you'll have to helicoil that insert.

Yes, either the smaller hole on the opposite side is off by a few millimeters or the slotted hole is not wide enough as you see compared to the stock arm. I could drill it out, but I am waiting to hear from BMR. I don't think I should have to do that on probably the most expensive UCA mount out there. I have BMR everything and fit has been flawless with other pieces.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Occasionally, we run into these tolerance swings. It could be for several reasons.

Instead of debate about it, we just need to get you a new product.

The best thing you can do is to email the pics to [email protected]

I recommend providing some measurements if you could, so we can ensure that the next mount you get is perfect.

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Occasionally, we run into these tolerance swings. It could be for several reasons.

Instead of debate about it, we just need to get you a new product.

The best thing you can do is to email the pics to [email protected]

I recommend providing some measurements if you could, so we can ensure that the next mount you get is perfect.

Thanks, Kelly. I have been in contact with him via Email, I will measure hole to hole from the center and send it to him.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back