Borla ATAK

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Borla ATAK axlebacks. I have listened to all sorts of sound clips, but everything sounds the same, can't get a true feeling for them . I have a Vortech V3 Si with a BBK Xpipe and some kind of Pypes axlebacks, not sure what kind, they came with the car. I'm not digging the sound of the Pypes. I don't mind loud as long as it's a vicious loud. When it's loud just to be Loud, I can do without that, if that makes sense. lol. So does anyone have a setup like this or have any kind of feedback about the ATAKs? Thanks

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
I ordered the ATAK Catback for mine and was worried about going f/I but I spoke with Eric at JPC and he said a customer has them on his 1000whp stang and there are no issues. Ill let u know when they and the Paxton show up how it works.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for setting me up with that link Ultra, I appreciate the help. I am computer illiterate, but putting that aside, I never seem to be able to find the right threads. I'm no young man anymore, don't want to be turning heads with a loud ass car and they see some bald old dude with a grey beard!!!! lol
Misfit....how are u digging the Ataks?
Rice, I never even heard of the XR-1 Sportsmans. I'm gonna have to check them out. I may be calling on you again Ultra!!! Thanks everyone.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also forgot, I live in NY and our State Inspection sucks, so whatever I do I have to make sure I can pass it.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Aren't the ATAKs a straight through?

I have them as well, no issues. I'm thinking about changing them out for borlas XR-1 sportman

I was considering the XR-1 as well. Do they come in an axle back or does it have to be done in a custom setup?

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Misfit....how are u digging the Ataks?

They just showed up to the house about 20 minutes ago. I'll have them on tomorrow. When I put the Paxton on I'll also be doing the cat delete pipes so it will be louder then if I still had the cats. I'll post a video in the next day or so while it still has the cats.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
Aren't the ATAKs a straight through?

I was considering the XR-1 as well. Do they come in an axle back or does it have to be done in a custom setup?

they are a straight thru.

they come as a muffler only I think. I think have to be welded, so no clamps. I don't even think they come with tips, but im sure borla can weld some on for you for an extra charge

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I have the xr1's on my 89 GT. no clue how they would sound on a mod motor but they are wicked on the pushrod 5.0.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
They just showed up to the house about 20 minutes ago. I'll have them on tomorrow. When I put the Paxton on I'll also be doing the cat delete pipes so it will be louder then if I still had the cats. I'll post a video in the next day or so while it still has the cats.

That's gonna be loud. Lol!!!!!

sharkbaits

forum member
Reaction score

Well that was quick! Can't wait to see how it sounds.

Cya

forum member
Reaction score
I had American Racing Longtubes O/R X pipe and the borla ATAK catback lets just say after 3k it was ear shattering.

I swapped over to a Borla Touring and now sounds great.

If I had just the ATAK without the headers it would have been perfect.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like a deep aggressive sound, but now I'm thinking the ATAKs will be too much. It's not a DD, but if cruising with my girl and my kid I want to be able to talk to them. Hmmmm, lol, on second thought.....I'm getting the ATAKs.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Chambered systems have more back pressure. For optimal performance, you're going to want a free flowing exhaust. More so with turbos, but even for superchargers.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem WT, I'm new at this and taking all this knowledge in.
So as far as my car is concerned, I have a Vortech S/C, would the ATAKs be better than the Touring, or it doesn't matter?

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
That's gonna be loud. Lol!!!!!

Yeah, but I can only hope it will be quieter then the 2012 I had. BBK long tube headers, off road x and Flowmaster Outlaw mufflers. It was so annoying I shifted at 2k rpm or below just so I wouldn't have to hear it.

Well that was quick! Can't wait to see how it sounds.

Sure was. Thanks again Aaron. Just put some new brakes on my DD so I'm gonna take a few minutes off then start working on the exhaust.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back