Borla ATAK

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
Got the exhaust on today and I'll get a video and post it up tomorrow. It's not as loud as I expected it would be, but it still needs to break in. It's way better the the last exhaust setup I had. So far I love it.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I also forgot, I live in NY and our State Inspection sucks, so whatever I do I have to make sure I can pass it.

Hey Frank don't worry about axlebacks for inspection, if you want I can swing by your house one day and swap my mufflers on your car and see how you like them.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the exhaust on today and I'll get a video and post it up tomorrow. It's not as loud as I expected it would be, but it still needs to break in. It's way better the the last exhaust setup I had. So far I love it.
Can't wait to see the video. I'm still undecided which way to go.
Hey Frank don't worry about axlebacks for inspection, if you want I can swing by your house one day and swap my mufflers on your car and see how you like them.

That sounds awesome Sean, even Gregg has a few sets he wanted to throw on. Thanks for the offer, it sux not to be able to anything for myself anymore. It's a pain in the ass when u fail inspection, I want to make it as simple as I can .

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score

Finally got a change to upload the exhaust video. I'll make one later this week so you can hear what it sounds like with no cats and a couple extra hundred hp.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha ha....thats insane!!!!! Hope everyone sees this video, its a lesson to all how to make a video and let someone hear your exhaust. This clip should be posted in the video section.:allhail:

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Ha ha....thats insane!!!!! Hope everyone sees this video, its a lesson to all how to make a video and let someone hear your exhaust. This clip should be posted in the video section.:allhail:

+1!

And the Oscar for best axleback vid goes to... (opens the envelope)... Misfit 5.0!

:beerchug2:

Chris

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Thank you! Thank you! Line up for autographs. Lol. My pleasure guys. Ill post one Friday at the latest with the Paxton and no cats.

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
I also forgot, I live in NY and our State Inspection sucks, so whatever I do I have to make sure I can pass it.
These particular Borla's are very loud in my opinion. Agree that the Touring versions would be much better to live with on a daily basis...

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score

Finally got a change to upload the exhaust video. I'll make one later this week so you can hear what it sounds like with no cats and a couple extra hundred hp.
These appear to stick pretty far out. Are these the models for the 12' or 13?

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
These appear to stick pretty far out. Are these the models for the 12' or 13?

They did at first until I adjusted the system but at that time I was getting ready to do the cat delete pipes and the Paxton so I left it like that. The don't stick out as far now but still a bit more then the stock ones. The kit is designed for 11-13 but since the bumper is different on the 13's it is a little more noticeable.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score

Real quick video of the car as it sits now without cats and the Paxton. I'll be on the dyno tomorrow so I'll get a video of it then too. This one isn't that good because of traffic, but it works.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NICE!!! That's a viscous sound coming from that car. So much power the car sat hard in the rear on the second take off. . NICE!!!

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm really like them but now that I have removed the cats, sometimes they have a hollowish tinny sound when under load in a higher gear at a lower rpm. But I figured out that if I hammer down on it, I don't get the hollow sound. lol

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I bet adding some resonators will help remove some of that tinny sound, if it ever annoys you too much.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back