Brand new car/paint - what do I need to do to keep it looking this way?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I just purchased my first brand new car, a 2013 grabber blue GT base, and of course, I want to do what I can to keep it looking new. My last few cars have been purchased used, and I just did the basic wash and wax on a regular basis, but now I am ready to step up my game. I guess that's what hanging around on this forum will do to you. LOL

Is there anything that I should know about keeping new paint looking new? Is there really any difference in care for a new car with a new paint job? I have always heard that, but wasn't sure if that was old school theory, or maybe just some mumbo jumbo that I was told as a kid.

I figure that if I stay on top of it, I won't need any costly repirs down the road. An ounce of preventing is worth a pound of cure, right?

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I guess this answers the question I asked in your F/S thread. Congrats on getting the new 2013 GB GT.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84488

-Buy two 5 gal buckets with grit guards (one for soap, one for just water to rinse out your mitt between panels)
-Buy waffle weave drying towels and only dry with those
-Also if you can, buy a cheap electric 200mph leaf blower and dry with that as well, between this and the waffle weaves it will cut down on swirls
-Buy a good sudsy car soap, like chemical guys maxi suds 2, or optimum car wash
Buy a lambswool mitt, or a opti mitt

-Buy ultima waterless wash and cut it with distilled water 21:1 and use it as a QD and drying aide.
-Clay bar the vehicle (yes, new cars are filthy)
-Buy a good sealant, like chemical guys black light or jet seal

-Add a nice carnauba wax for depth if you want as an option.

-Admire finish.

Non-paint
Buy sonax full effect wheel cleaner
Buy a good all purpose cleaner

http://www.autoality.com give them a call and say Seer sent you.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I guess this answers the question I asked in your F/S thread. Congrats on getting the new 2013 GB GT.

I didn't see that one yet Chris... And thanks!

If you are thinking of any parts for your car, I will be selling a lot of good stuff that I had stock piled for a winter bolt on build. Cams, CAI, tuner, TCI shifter, and some other stuff. Hit me up if you think you'll be intersted.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84488

-Buy two 5 gal buckets with grit guards (one for soap, one for just water to rinse out your mitt between panels)
-Buy waffle weave drying towels and only dry with those
-Also if you can, buy a cheap electric 200mph leaf blower and dry with that as well, between this and the waffle weaves it will cut down on swirls
-Buy a good sudsy car soap, like chemical guys maxi suds 2, or optimum car wash
Buy a lambswool mitt, or a opti mitt

-Buy ultima waterless wash and cut it with distilled water 21:1 and use it as a QD and drying aide.
-Clay bar the vehicle (yes, new cars are filthy)
-Buy a good sealant, like chemical guys black light or jet seal

-Add a nice carnauba wax for depth if you want as an option.

-Admire finish.

Non-paint
Buy sonax full effect wheel cleaner
Buy a good all purpose cleaner

http://www.autoality.com give them a call and say Seer sent you.

Thanks Seer. I actually did do a search and saw that thread. I just didn't know if there was anything else that would be helpful to know for a new car.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't see that one yet Chris... And thanks!

If you are thinking of any parts for your car, I will be selling a lot of good stuff that I had stock piled for a winter bolt on build. Cams, CAI, tuner, TCI shifter, and some other stuff. Hit me up if you think you'll be intersted.

Thanks Seer. I actually did do a search and saw that thread. I just didn't know if there was anything else that would be helpful to know for a new car.

new car is like an old car, keep it clean, keep it protected and polish it yearly with a DA buffer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back