brembo and 18'' what works

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked a set of used brembo's also. I like my stock 18" bullets and my tires are in good shape too. I am going with 1" spacer's from mustangwheelspacers.com. I went with the works package to bring front and rear both out 1 inch. Here is a picture of a car with a 1 inch spacer...I think it looks pretty good. Anyway, if you like your stock rims, you can keep them if you want to.

Mustangpicswith1inchspacer.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed he has a turn signal on the fender?? of topic but I've never seen that before lol

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
the spacer he is using are the ones you bolt to the rotor then bolt your rim to that . How can these spacer be unsafe you would have to snap off ten bolt if you install them right and check them every once and a while I don't see a problem . How do you snap studs you should be able to notice if there loose .

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just picked a set of used brembo's also. I like my stock 18" bullets and my tires are in good shape too. I am going with 1" spacer's from mustangwheelspacers.com. I went with the works package to bring front and rear both out 1 inch. Here is a picture of a car with a 1 inch spacer...I think it looks pretty good. Anyway, if you like your stock rims, you can keep them if you want to.

I hope you are running longer studs with those 1" spacers... Otherwise, you are probably getting 3 or 4 threads in those lug nuts.

Off of the website:

Our studs are what really make us stand out from the rest. Competitors use a generic one-size-fits-all approach. MWS duplicates knurl pattern and size so that your OEM hubs do not need to be modified. Use our removal and installation tools to make short work of removing OEM studs and installing new longer studs.

Studs have a longer shoulder for added strength and shear resistance.

Stud are made from chromemoly material and then heat-treaded to 190,000 PSI tensile strength.

Phosphate and oil protective finish for excellent corrosion resistance.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
oops . I look at the wheel spacer you have I have the other kind . I stoped at the ford lot today and looked at a gt500 with stock 18'' wheels and brembos and with the 1'' spacer my bullitt have the same space around the brakes so every thing looks good . Hey when you get your set up together take some pics with info .

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is the kit I am using...they cost a little...but spending money for the right part always puts you ahead. Putting a big spacer on the stock stud would be a bad idea.

Source of kit: http://www.mustangwheelspacers.com/05-10mustang.aspx

The turn signal on the fender means it was taken in europe most likely. They have a requirement for that.

S1971Inchwheelspacers.jpg

Last edited:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
so here it is I would like to keep the tires and get another set of 18'' rims that would go over the brembo with no spacers . Really don't want gt500 stockers 06-09 I think I neesd a 45mm offset on the new rims am I right here aleast . I just don't want to buy a rim I cant use .

The AMR 18x9's fit the GT500 so they fit over the Brembos. They are available in three different finishes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/machined-amr-18x9-0512.html

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
picture.php

+1 on the AM 2010 GT500 knockoffs- Only disadvantages are they are heavy- In retrospect I would have gone with the Steeda Ultralights which I have seen on local club cars clearing the Brembos without a probleml

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the 18x9 AMR wheel on my car. I don't have the Brembos on my car, but there is a lot of room between the brakes and spokes. American Muscle said they fit the 2007-2012 GT500's, so they will clear the Brembo calipers.

wheel-angle-1024.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
O.K.

Finally! Here are pic's of Brembo's and 18" factory stock bullit's.

These are the tires I went with: TIRES: Nitto NT555 Front: 255/45ZR 18 Rear: 265/55ZR 18

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I'm putting my factory Bullitt wheels back on with 7/8" spacers and longer studs all around to clear the brembos.

Edit: I'm planning on using the spacers from Mustang Wheel Spacers, just like weather man.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian - what size spacer did you use to get those to work and did you have to change the studs?

btw - searching works!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

I hope you are running longer studs with those 1" spacers... Otherwise, you are probably getting 3 or 4 threads in those lug nuts.

1" spacers bolt on and have their own studs. Or, you would have to run 3" studs. You wouldn't even get a lug started otherwise.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian - what size spacer did you use to get those to work and did you have to change the studs?

btw - searching works!

I used 7/8" spacer on the front and 1" spacer in back. I was going to use 1", but a rough test fit when I got them convinced me to alter my approach. The spacers came with new appropriate size studs.

Off of the Mustangwheelspacers website:

Our studs are what really make us stand out from the rest. Competitors use a generic one-size-fits-all approach. MWS duplicates knurl pattern and size so that your OEM hubs do not need to be modified. Use our removal and installation tools to make short work of removing OEM studs and installing new longer studs.

Studs have a longer shoulder for added strength and shear resistance.

Stud are made from chromemoly material and then heat-treaded to 190,000 PSI tensile strength.

Phosphate and oil protective finish for excellent corrosion resistance.

Amen on searching. It did cost me a little extra on the build! :)

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I ask because I have a old wheel, a bit bent, I was thinking it could make a cheap spare.

For the rear the spacer is for looks only correct?

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I ask because I have a old wheel, a bit bent, I was thinking it could make a cheap spare.

For the rear the spacer is for looks only correct?

Correct!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my new setup.

7/8" Spacers all around with longer studs. Thanks to mustangwheelspacers.com

I love it. The brembos fit very tightly.

c6e4c890-a6ec-5c30.jpg

c6e4c890-a6f7-8872.jpg

c6e4c890-a701-3d94.jpg

c6e4c890-a709-a1de.jpg

c6e4c890-a713-3193.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back