Brembo Upgrade?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking to put Brembo brakes on my 2012 GT (actually, a V6 with GT front brakes).

I've researched the parts I need, and have come up with the following:

From Tousley Ford:

Front Caliper, Left - BR3Z-2B121-B $267
Front Caliper, Right - BR3Z-2B120-B $247
Shield, Left - BR3Z-2K004-B $20
Shield, Left - BR3Z-2K004-B (??) $20

From American Muscle (price after 6% discount):

PowerStop rotor/pad kit #53457 (manu #k4148) $376
J&M Stainless lines #30016 (manu #22530F) $129

Total $1059

I realize that I can get a FRPP kit (about the same price from American Muscle after discount), but the FRPP kit doesn't have slotted/cross-drilled rotors, and also doesn't include REAR rotors/pads, which the PowerStop rotor kit DOES include.

My question is, given that the 14-inch rotor is larger than my current 13-inch GT rotors, will I need different caliper brackets, or will I be able to use my existing ones? Ford doesn't list the brackets on their parts web site, and the FRPP kit doesn't appear to include any kind of adapter (or replacement bracket).

Can anyone shed some light on the bracket issue with regards to upgrading a GT to Brembo brakes?

Many thanks in advance.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The hub to caliper pattern is the same; the Brembo caliper will bolt up to your existing one.

Typically take off sets range $500-$700. But if you must have aftermarket rotors and pads, then I guess there isn't a need to look for a take off set.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Coolness. I looked for take-offs and couldn't find any, so I started researching other options. There are several aftermarket sets available (Vorschlag, Rehagen, Lethal Performance, etc), but other than the FRPP one for $1200, they range from $1800-2600, and none of them include rear rotors.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Update (I have part numbers for anyone interested):

I got the calipers (matt dark gray with orange Brembo logo) and shields new from Ford

I got the Powerstop front and rear (drilled and slotted) rotor/pad kit, as well as stainless lines from AM

Total cost was $1060. In comparison, the FRPP kit is $1170 and doesn't include rear rotors, and the rotors it comes with are OEM 14-inch parts.

I ordered a G2 paint kit that will be here in a few days, and in the mean time, I've smoothed out the calipers. I'm going to paint the rotor hats with black VHT caliper paint, and the calipers will be red.

If you want to save as much money as possible, you can get just the calipers (new from Ford), as well as an OEM replacement rotor/pad kit from Brake Performance, and spend less than $750 because the stock brake lines will bolt up to the OEM brembo calipers, and splash shields aren't absolutely required. If you want to paint your calipers before putting them on the car, add $40 for a G2 Caliper Paint Kit.

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Gt500 4 piston Brembo Passenger side caliper I'd take $200 shipped for.

I can give you a parts list and where to buy list to do the whole 4 piston swap with NEW parts for $850, including Hawk pads, Russell stainless lines, new rotors, etc.

Tmassey

Reaction score
Jdos1 I would love for you to post that. My 8 year old gt brakes could stand improvement and that's in the budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back