BROKE 3rd, Need Help

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
So last night i gave my car a test run on a tracklike surface before i decided to drive an hour to the track, this was the first test since the new suspension mods.

I had just done lca relocation brackets, welded axle tubes, and lcs. new nitto drag radials on 15x10 racestars. and i run a spec stage 3 clutch with jlt intake, offroad h, pypes mufflers and tune.

i always shift fast and hard letting off the gas and basically kicking the clutch when i race, i shift fast and dont miss hardly ever.

i hit second and it spun a little, hit third and POW, loud noise, i let off and rolled to a stop, started off slow from there and everything seemed normal except 3rd is GONE, its the same as neutral, every other gear works fine.. OOPS

i need help finding parts to fix this myself

or deciding what to switch to, I can get a build c4 from a frind cheap but i dont know what i would cruize at 70 (3.55 gears)

i really want the 6r80 but cant find a price on one or a manual valvebody

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My final words are this: fastest 5.0's in the country are a6's. If you can swing it, that's the route I'd take.

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
I want an a6
Cant find info.

Like i would have to have a new pcm or full manual vb

And i cant find a place to buy one, ford i guess

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
If wanting to go auto I'd put a 4R70 in it with a manual valve body, lock up converter and overdrive. This has been done and they can even make the speedo work now with this combo. Change your gear to 4.10's and then you would be golden.

GoT midlife CS

Reaction score
So last night i gave my car a test run on a tracklike surface before i decided to drive an hour to the track, this was the first test since the new suspension mods.

I had just done lca relocation brackets, welded axle tubes, and lcs. new nitto drag radials on 15x10 racestars. and i run a spec stage 3 clutch with jlt intake, offroad h, pypes mufflers and tune.

i always shift fast and hard letting off the gas and basically kicking the clutch when i race, i shift fast and dont miss hardly ever.

i hit second and it spun a little, hit third and POW, loud noise, i let off and rolled to a stop, started off slow from there and everything seemed normal except 3rd is GONE, its the same as neutral, every other gear works fine.. OOPS

i need help finding parts to fix this myself

or deciding what to switch to, I can get a build c4 from a frind cheap but i dont know what i would cruize at 70 (3.55 gears)

i really want the 6r80 but cant find a price on one or a manual valvebody

Hey NastyStang, I happen to have a perfectly functional MT-82 with about 16K miles on it that needs a new home. If it is something that could help you out either as a swap or parts for a rebuild let me know.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
My final words are this: fastest 5.0's in the country are a6's. If you can swing it, that's the route I'd take.

;)

Holy shit, $4200. They're proud of that thing. And that doesn't even include the converter.

You aren't going to use the stock converter anyway. Circle D or nothing else. :naughty1:

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I would like to know what parts they use.

I know the teflon pads are garbage.

My car almost acts like i judt dropped the gear, like whatever holds it sheered.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The MT82 is a piece of shit, plain and simple. Its never going to handle the torque you throw at it. On a stock to bolt on car you should be ok. When you start making power your gonna start breaking shit. If its not the input shaft its gonna be something.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Just curious... have all 3 times been with Spec clutches? From everything I've read, of people blowing up their transmissions at power levels they shouldn't have a problem with, Spec clutches break transmissions. I would never put a Spec in my car...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back