By Changing my rear end to a limited slip dif.

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
im honestly looking to put enough power for my cars front end to come off the ground.. when i get back from the military i want the 5.0 and a 6 speed

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I can feel you brother. I am a 45 year old disabled vet and I remember feeling that way too when I was deployed. You have to realize that pulling the front end off the ground is accomplished by increasing power and creating a suspension weight transfer situation that may make your car un-streetable. From my past mistakes at "streetcar made into franken-stang racer", I have made my cars seem faster by putting race parts on it, but was always disappointed.

You need loose drag shocks, drag-style springs, removed sway bar, and rear lower control arm relocators. The front end mods will make the car bounce nearly uncontrollably on bumps and lean into turns. Most people nowadays create cars that hook hard with minimal front end lift, thus maintaining more control. Lots of guys here and other forums have extremely fast cars with corner-carver suspension setups.

Think about getting a 2011 or newer 5.0 Mustang GT. You will have more smiles without doing any mods. Then, when you get used to that power level, you can mod the 5.0

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
i really like the idea of a sleeper and putting the 5.0 setup in my 09 v6. just cause.. cars is a hobby and i cant look at it pricewise because at the end of the day no matter a 5k price difference maybe .. id be a hell of a lot happier with my sleeper

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
a hobby yes, but you have to imagine the cost and work of swapping in a 5.0, I did the math its close to 12,000 G, easy.

The odds of lifting a V6 nose are minimal, thou I do have a pic of my ride down Englishtown in 08 and you can see light under the tire, howd it happen? Beats me maybe I super brake standed the bitch.

Good luck & hope to see where you choose to progress with this, I like the Built Not Bought mantra.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
It means that he prefers the fast car you built yourself instead of buying a car that is already fast.

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
lol with your explanation i just reread it slowly haha and got it but yea that too man id be much more proud of making my car like that rather then buying it off the lot and the thing is my v6 cost more money then it should have because of trade and whatnot.. so i owe 21k on a car that my trade in value is like 12-13 or something and a gt is like 23-25 idk meaning the 12k for the drop in engine for a sleeper doesnt seem too bad

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
It is a lot, a lot of work. You could always get a new one and swap in the V6 panels and no one would know the difference. If/when I get a 2013 or a 5.0 in General I am going to take the 5.0 Emblems off and either leave the fenders blank or get the running pony's.

I have a guy who is connected to Ford and he said it isn't worth it unless you just hit the lotto.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
I have the 4.10's and T-Lok. I love it. Really makes the car super fun to drive. I love being able to leave a big 2 wheel skid mark when I take off and the handling has improved noticeably. I have been being a little rough on my car since I got the gears and a tuner and haven't had any problems. If you're just lookin to make your sixer a lot more fun to drive go with the 4.10's and T-Lok. If you're serious about drag racing you're sixer then get the 8.8" rear end. Oh and one more thing. With the 4.10 gears I'm running 2600 rpms @ 70 mph. I'm getting 25mpg highway with the 93 Hybrid tune from BAMA. Mixed driving I'm getting 17.5-19mpg, all depends on how heavy my right foot feels.

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 4.10's and T-Lok. I love it. Really makes the car super fun to drive. I love being able to leave a big 2 wheel skid mark when I take off and the handling has improved noticeably. I have been being a little rough on my car since I got the gears and a tuner and haven't had any problems. If you're just lookin to make your sixer a lot more fun to drive go with the 4.10's and T-Lok. If you're serious about drag racing you're sixer then get the 8.8" rear end. Oh and one more thing. With the 4.10 gears I'm running 2600 rpms @ 70 mph. I'm getting 25mpg highway with the 93 Hybrid tune from BAMA. Mixed driving I'm getting 17.5-19mpg, all depends on how heavy my right foot feels.

There's a hybrid tune? But I think the OP should get the 8.8 - a lot stronger and the cost difference isn't too big from building the 7.5, especially if you do the work yourself when swapping to the 8.8

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back