Can someone send me a link to bleeding the Master Cylinder?

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
I bled the damn lines 4 times now. I don't know how to bleed the master cylinder and I feel that's the last step. Can someone link up a detailed how-to step by step to bleed the MC on a 2011+ mustang with Brembos. I've google searched and "search functioned" myself to death.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you pumping the clutch or using a vacuum pump? Either way the best way seems to be jacking up the front rleft corner of the car. And using a hand vac pump on the master cylinder cap or pumping the shit out of the clutch or both.

Eel Mit

forum member
Reaction score
Pump the pedal and hold it, follow the lines going to the ABS module and loosen them there. You will see a few bubbles flow out and then a solid stream of fluid. Tighten fittings. Done.

Good Luck,

Tim @ Maximum

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would you need to bleed the whole cylinder if just bleeding brakes? What work have you done recently?

Get a friend to pump the pedal and hold it as you open the bleed fitting at the calipers if its just brake work.

Last edited:

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
The pedal feel is still squishy after bleeding the lines a few times. Better each time, but still soft and not "factory firm". I replaced the rotors and pads all around. Lines were never opened. Car is a 2014. Figured I drove a little too hard and boiled the lines and the water that may have absorbed through the lines maybe boiled and made gas bubbles. That's probably a stretch but it's as best as I can think what happened. Everything I've read points to bleeding the MC, then each of the lines going RR, LR, RF, LF. I just don't see any bleeder screws at te MC, and I don't think there is any air in the ABS module. I read if there was, that the dealer is the one who has a program to cycle the ABS. I don't like touching things that I don't understand, especially thins responsible for stopping the car lol.

I need something with pictures. :) haha.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
If the lines were never opened the feeling getting better after a bleed is probably your imagination unless there really was air in there. You're doing it right. Only need to do the master if you put a new one on. Even then you do a bench bleed first, install and bleed as normal. But don't pump the brakes. One push, hold, crack bleeder, close, lift. Pumping the pedal can cause a bulbs to explode into a million and make it a bitch to get them all.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Lots of ppl don't use the inside bleeder when they bleed there brake . maybe you missed it. the below vid will show you how ..good luck.:hi:

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Lots of ppl don't use the inside bleeder when they bleed there brake . maybe you missed it. the below vid will show you how ..good luck.

Thanks buddy :) I didn't miss that bleeder. Did the outside first, then inside, following the furthest to closest rule.

If the lines were never opened the feeling getting better after a bleed is probably your imagination unless there really was air in there. You're doing it right. Only need to do the master if you put a new one on. Even then you do a bench bleed first, install and bleed as normal. But don't pump the brakes. One push, hold, crack bleeder, close, lift. Pumping the pedal can cause a bulbs to explode into a million and make it a bitch to get them all.

I got some bubbles, the pedal would go 80% the way down before biting, then 60% then 30%, etc. So there was improvement.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Are you pumping the clutch or using a vacuum pump? Either way the best way seems to be jacking up the front rleft corner of the car. And using a hand vac pump on the master cylinder cap or pumping the shit out of the clutch or both.

this! a vacuum pump on the master cylinder cap is the best. I can't find any more info on it to share, but it does work.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped out to speed bleeders I also replaced the Master cylinder to the Auto one to separate the Clutch. I also swapped to DOT 4 fluid as well. With that said, I didn't get air in. Do you have speed bleeders? They make it so easy to bleed/flush.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped out to speed bleeders I also replaced the Master cylinder to the Auto one to separate the Clutch. I also swapped to DOT 4 fluid as well. With that said, I didn't get air in. Do you have speed bleeders? They make it so easy to bleed/flush.

I don't have SB, I will look into those. Thanks y'all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back