Cant decide on wheel/tire combo

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade wheels and tires and want to go the widest I can on the rear with a good street ride and decent traction to handle the TVS going on later this month. Car currently has the 19" wheels from the factory...245/45/19 all the way around and I have Eibach Sportlines too.

Can't decide between 19 or 20 inch wheels, and I am unsure how much tire I can get in the wheel wells without rubbing. I am thinking I can get away with 305/35/19 in the rear if I get the proper offset wheel. Thinking the front can be 275/40/19. Do you guys see any flaws with this logic?

I am also thinking about black wheels for a total blacked out look. Any suggestions on wheels?

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Budget????LOL. Look in the lowered on 20's thread, or the unique wheel setups thread. All different kinds on there. But CCW's,RTR's,TSW nurburgrings,Vossens,forgestars, all very popular styles right now.

28ONE

Reaction score
Tires for 19's are definitely more expensive. I believe you have a wider range of choices for 20's. You will definitely want some meat on the back with that TVS. All blacked out would look sick. I currently have Roush 20's and they would look bad ass powdercoated a gloss black! Check this thread out, it's for the 20's. Hope this helps...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30034

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Budget... I am not to concerned with the money right now. Just retired from the military and the job I got involves a nice pay raise.

Thx for the replies fellas. I will do some more research.

Do Nittos wear out pretty quick or can I expect to get a few thousand miles out of them?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back