Car dusters?

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Considering picking up a car duster since mine can't seem to stay dust free for more than a few hours.

I know there is the California Car duster which I'm not sure is as good as "they" say it is, but aside from that, are any other recommended ones?

Thanks!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
only good for mild dust, if more... it's a swirl maker.

Also only use it in one direction.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
only good for mild dust, if more... it's a swirl maker.

Also only use it in one direction.

Thats pretty much I'm trying to avoid. I'd like to be able to keep up on the dust better to avoid letting it get so thick to the point where I'm forced to wash the car.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Finish Kare 425 will help, just make sure you use quality microfibers.

Currently using CG V7 as my "quick detailer". Think it would work better? I've been really happy with it so far and doesnt seem to attract dust to bad which is pretty why I was just looking for a quality duster to knock off the dust every other day or so.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Currently using CG V7 as my "quick detailer". Think it would work better? I've been really happy with it so far and doesnt seem to attract dust to bad which is pretty why I was just looking for a quality duster to knock off the dust every other day or so.

They work together and seperately.

CG V7 is a spray sealant / detailer. I typically use it every few washes.

FK #425 is an anti static quick detailer. Can be used after every wash. Probably the best quick detailer on the market I've ever tried.

Last edited:

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
dammit... another detailing product to buy lol.

Maybe I'll grab that along with a california car duster.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
dammit... another detailing product to by lol.

Maybe I'll grab that along with a california car duster.

I don't recommend the cali dusters that much, but if you must use them, use them lightly and in one direction.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
alright, i'll keep it in mind. Its pretty much something I want to do often to avoid rubbing the dirt in the car, or to cut down on the amount of washes. My car will have a nice layer of dust on it even after sitting in the garage overnight.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
alright, i'll keep it in mind. Its pretty much something I want to do often to avoid rubbing the dirt in the car, or to cut down on the amount of washes. My car will have a nice layer of dust on it even after sitting in the garage overnight.

a good waterless wash works better.

Try mixing optimum no rinse with water 1:1 and using that as a water less wash. :D

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Read how alot of people like using that stuff. Not really sure how I feel about it. I also think part of me still likes breaking out the hose to wash the car. Although I could see it being really nice to use come winter time.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Read how alot of people like using that stuff. Not really sure how I feel about it. I also think part of me still likes breaking out the hose to wash the car. Although I could see it being really nice to use come winter time.

It's decent in winter to get light salt off... the polymer in it, does in fact eat most of the grime off of the vehicle so it won't marr.

If you mix it to be a QD/Waterless Wash, it is good to remove dust... a lot safer than a cali duster. Since the polymer eats most of the dust and lubes the surface for your MF towel.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Like Seer, I don't use nor recommend the California duster. Not only will it cause micro marring, they contain a light oil in them that can streak and make a bigger mess on dark colors. I use my 55 gallon air compressor with an air nozzle

5pcBLOWGUNkit620.JPG

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
It's decent in winter to get light salt off... the polymer in it, does in fact eat most of the grime off of the vehicle so it won't marr.

If you mix it to be a QD/Waterless Wash, it is good to remove dust... a lot safer than a cali duster. Since the polymer eats most of the dust and lubes the surface for your MF towel.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe i'll have to look in to it a bit more

Jivefive0

forum member
Reaction score
Actually I think its a wax that is imbedded in the fibers. forgot the name of it, starts with a P. But yeah for car shows I usually just dust off the light stuff with a CA duster and with a light hand at that. then follow up with microfiber.
usually if you lay a good foundation of wax and sealer, the CA duster is excellent for getting the job done. but yeah I have seen people use it on cars that are caked with dirt and grime and then the lovely swirlies come out to play after they are done lol.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Technically unless you're buffing off a product, you should never apply a towel without some form of lubrication to the surface. So if you are dusting off, should always use a water less wash or a really slick QD to aid the towel.

Jivefive0

forum member
Reaction score
thanks Seer, oh yeah i just apply little to no pressure when following up with the micro. pretty much just to get what ever the CA didnt. but i agree, air is the best if you can manage it where you are. its hard to carry that around when at a car show :p

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back