Cobetto's American Iron Build Up Video

Chim-Chim

Will drive for food
Reaction score

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. It looks like you went with a setup similar to the FR500C in the rear, with no swaybar. You mentioned that the rear spring rate is about 50 lbs more than what Saleen provides--can you give some info on what the rates were?

I'd like to know more about lack of rear bar in these applications.

Shouldn't this make the car super-pushy? What is done to make the car more neutral?

Chim-Chim

Will drive for food
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about lack of rear bar in these applications.

Shouldn't this make the car super-pushy? What is done to make the car more neutral?

Spring rates will balance things out. I just want a roundabout starting point, more out of curiousity. From my experience, 225 lbs in the rear is about my limit for a streetable setup. I've gone up to 300, but dayum is it a bad ride on anything other than the track or smoothest roads.

Kevin@

PAS Racing
Reaction score
Removing the rear bar was an experiment we did early on. Seriously we were never truly happy with how the car was acting until about August. At that point there was a rear bar back on the car and the spring rates were around 500/300.

Chim-Chim

Will drive for food
Reaction score
Removing the rear bar was an experiment we did early on. Seriously we were never truly happy with how the car was acting until about August. At that point there was a rear bar back on the car and the spring rates were around 500/300.

Thanks for the info. 500/300 are the rates for the FR500S--Ford did a lot of work on testing those cars, so I'm guessing they are a very good compromise rate for all the different tracks the Mustang Challenge raced.

Kevin@

PAS Racing
Reaction score
Anything stiffer and the car would get upset if the driver used the curbing a little too aggressive (which at VIR is normal in areas), and anything softer and the splitter would touch the ground under braking.

It was a lot of back and forth and mix and matching...all...season. We learned a lot.

And we're starting completely over for 2012 with a brand new suspension package. Should be interesting.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Anything stiffer and the car would get upset if the driver used the curbing a little too aggressive (which at VIR is normal in areas), and anything softer and the splitter would touch the ground under braking.

It was a lot of back and forth and mix and matching...all...season. We learned a lot.

And we're starting completely over for 2012 with a brand new suspension package. Should be interesting.

Do you mind telling us what your going to use?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back