Coyote Catastrophic Failure

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
I have been following your progress since the start. Its good to see that you are coming along great with your project.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have a mityvac or any kind of vacuum pump. Can anyone point me to the direction of the tool I'll just buy that.

I got the coolant hoses all hooked up for the most part on friday, I was helping a buddy put some longtubes on his caprice (from 5:30 pm to 3:00 am) and it was a NIGHTMARE so I really didn't focus on my car too much. Although I got a decent amount done.

Looked like this

b97be886.jpg

Saturday we finished his longtubes (like I said nightmare) and I was so beat I didn't do shit to my car.

Today I got a lot done. Heres where we are

7db59bb7.jpg

I got pretty much everything back on the engine. I poured a decent amount of oil over the top end before I put the valve covers on (I would guess about a quart maybe more) so I just put 7 quarts of oil in it right now and the dipstick says full. After I run it and fill the filter and shit I will check it again.

I gotta go buy some distilled water and mix the coolant for the engine and the blower. Does anybody know approximately how many gallons the engine holds?

Things I have left to do are install the clip for the clutch line and bleed the clutch. Install the steering shaft bolt I lost. (both of those are on the way from tousely) Install the BAP. Put the coolant in. Install the x pipe and plug the rear o2's in. Then just the front bumper and stuff.

Speaking of the x pipe, I am lost as to how it's supposed to attach to the catback. I double checked this is the part number for the one that connect to the stock 2.75" catback. I even called JBA and they said that it "should attach using the stock hardware".

Here is a shitty pic of what it looks like (don't mind all the oil lol)

d23cda94.jpg

671d31b0.jpg

You can see the JBA x pipe is stretched at the back to slip over the stock catback pipes. Do I need to buy bigger band clamps to hold it together? The stock band clamps do not fit over those puffed up parts of the JBA x. I beat them on with a rubber mallet and when they are stretched on you can't get the nuts on the bolts that actually clamp it.

Also the header collectors dont match up to the front of the x pipe. The headers are too far apart and kinda close to the frame rails. Can I just pry on them to bend them in a little bit? I would say each one is about 3/4" too far out.

so close......

I wouldn't think it would help, but if the header flanges were loosened form the motor would that provide any play so that everything lines up as it should?

If not I'd go with Ultra's idea and use a ratchet strap to move them where you want them very carefully.

Congrats on the progress, you've done a great job!

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
After sending pics back to JBA they said that x pipe is wrong (correct part number) and they're exchanging it. Sucks they're in California and it'll take 5 business days. It should butt up and use the stock clamps.

Got some clutch pedal out of it last night. Only part I have left to put on is the BAP.

Should have a start up tune soon, I'll probably check for leaks and warm it up a few times with open headers.

74c1c5a8.jpg

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to hear the open headers in person. I love that sound at the track.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Damn did you have ultraKalssic wax your car? haha

Anyways, great work. It took me a year and a half to get my shit together =-/

Haha I wish you could tag people on forums like IG and shit, @ultrakla$$ic

And thanks! Don't give me too much credit I haven't hit the key yet lol.

I would like to hear the open headers in person. I love that sound at the track.

Where do you live?

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I wish you could tag people on forums like IG and shit, @ultrakla$$ic

And thanks! Don't give me too much credit I haven't hit the key yet lol.

Where do you live?

Indy...nationals right around corner so Force racing will give me a years worth of kicks in late August. I have headers and just removed the mufflers and resonators but that won't match the sound of just headers...that's pure race!!! Love it. Going to do an Aluminator swap myself over the winter. I have Manley rods and pistons but FRPP has an unreal deal so I'm going to swap and then rebuild the original before a mega failure. A guy I'm working with on the fuel system is running 15psi with a Procharger/Aluminator combo and it drives like stock until you roll into the throttle....holy shit! I've been doing this for almost 20 years and the thought of 800rwhp in a mustang street car was a rich mans dream back in the day.

I have a magnum T56 tranny but need to find out more on the FRPP smart box which converts analog to digital signal for this swap.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Indy...nationals right around corner so Force racing will give me a years worth of kicks in late August. I have headers and just removed the mufflers and resonators but that won't match the sound of just headers...that's pure race!!! Love it. Going to do an Aluminator swap myself over the winter. I have Manley rods and pistons but FRPP has an unreal deal so I'm going to swap and then rebuild the original before a mega failure. A guy I'm working with on the fuel system is running 15psi with a Procharger/Aluminator combo and it drives like stock until you roll into the throttle....holy shit! I've been doing this for almost 20 years and the thought of 800rwhp in a mustang street car was a rich mans dream back in the day.

I have a magnum T56 tranny but need to find out more on the FRPP smart box which converts analog to digital signal for this swap.

FYI great thread man!

Sounds like you're going to have a wicked ride!

And thanks!

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
X pipe will be here tomorrow. Just got the start up tune now, I'm wiring the BAP as we speak. (I know we aren't speaking lol)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back