Daylight/Night time dimming doesn't work

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I bought a JVC head unit and can't get the light dimming features to work. I can program the radio to have one color and brightness for the day and completely different colors/brightness for night. Problem is I can't get the radio to dim when I turn on the headlights. I have a 2005 Mustang GT with the base 4 speaker radio. I used a Metra wire harness and connected all the wires to the corresponding wires on the radio harness. Everything works but the dimming. I also had a smaller plug with a pink and white/orange stripe wires in it. What's that for? Is that the dimming?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Metra Harness for my install, and you can not user the Orange/White wire for the ILL.

You can use this one for the dimming. Works for my Pioneer AVIC 2. It is the TCS wiring harness.

IMG_0022.jpg

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Here is what I did when I installed my pioneer AVIC

Illumination - the illumination terminal on the radio harness will not work. I tried both the +ILLUMINATION and -ILLUMINATION wires....no luck. I ended up getting this signal from the Smart Junction Box, Connector C2280b (Small connector on the FRONT) Pin 6 (Yellow/Light Blue).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I used the Metra Harness for my install, and you can not user the Orange/White wire for the ILL.

You can use this one for the dimming. Works for my Pioneer AVIC 2. It is the TCS wiring harness.

IMG_0022.jpg

I had time tonight to finish up my install. The wire you used worked perfectly!

Thanks!

Reaction score
any help on this? I tried the Gray with orange stripe on the TCS switch. That only works when I physically plug and unplug the the spade into the T-tap. I also tried pin 22 on the head light switch (yellow w/blue) and that didn't work.

Pioneer avh-p4400bh on a 2006 mustang shaker 500.

Thanks

Reaction score
Mustangforums to the rescue..sigh.

Light tan wire with white stripe on the gray headlight connector worked for me.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
My pioneer pulses between day/night constantly.
I just up it to max bright to stop it. I need to fix it one day

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back