DFW: Five Star Ford, Plano Track Day Sat May 24th at Eagles Canyon

JPC

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/events/6659...y_type=regular

We're at it again!! Five Star Ford of Plano and Eagles Canyon Raceway are pleased to present Five Star Ford of Plano Open Track Day Saturday, May 24, 2014 9am-5pm. See below for event details:
WHO: FIVE STAR FOR OF PLANO
WHEN: SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014
WHERE: EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY
TIME: 9AM-5PM
WHO IS WELCOME: OPEN TO ALL STREET AND TRACK READY CARS!
HOW MUCH: $190/DRIVER FOR THE ENTIRE DAY
WHAT KINDS OF CARS: "RUN WHATCHA BRUNG"!
FOOD: GRILLED BURGERS, DOGS, LINKS, AND CHICKEN BREASTS
DRINKS: PLENTY OF WATER, GATORADE, AND SODA
As you all know, we like to get feedback from people that have attended our events in the past. After asking a few of you your opinions last time, here are a few things that will be changing from our previous event:
1. Lunch. I promised to have better food than flattened hamburgers form Whataburger...LOL. I apologize for this last time. I got caught at the last minute without a cook and had to make a last minute adjustment (thanks to the mgr. at Whataburger in Decatur for making it happen on short notice) and that was my best option. You have my word that there will be better food for this event and ALL following events.
2. Run group size. Due to the fact that we usually have more drivers in the novice group than instructors, we will be limiting the number of novice drivers to 20. This is being done in response to the instructor/student ratio (a little "off" last time). Doing so also ensures that the student gets adequate instruction throughout the day and plenty of track time. If you are a novice driver, I STRONGLY advise you sign up and pay as early ASAP because the novice group filled up fast for the last event.
3. Car preparation. Please make sure that you have performed all services needed for your car BEFORE coming to the track. For example, we have noticed a growing number of drivers coming to the track that have not had a "proper" inspection as specified on the Car Inspection Checklist (per ECR's website). These issues have been, but not limited to: tire pressures not being correct, fluids not being flushed and replaced with higher temperature fluids (most importantly oil and BRAKE). Again, I advise you to do these preparatory items BEFORE coming to the track. With all this being said, I will have techs on sight that will be able to help with "last minute stuff" or things that happen at the track. Five Star Ford of Plano can perform the inspection as seen on ECR’s inspection checklist. We can also perform any and all fluid flushes along with other track preparatory services needed by appointment. Call or email me directly to schedule an appointment.
3. Class time. We will continue to follow the current format of MANDATORY drivers meeting in the morning for all drivers followed by a "hang back" meeting for novice group, and 2 other classroom sessions throughout the morning. However, we would like to see more interaction between the student and his/her instructor. I had a few instructors say to me "my student didn't ask very many questions". I encourage the pupils to ask as many questions as possible as this is the purpose of having instructors.
4. Arrival time. Please arrive at least 45min-1hr before (8am-ish) to make sure of any final preparatory tasks that need to be performed, meet and greets gotten out of the way, and
I cannot stress the importance of doing a fluid flush to replace your stock fluids (brake and oil) with synthetic/high temperature fluids enough. We have seen too many times where a driver HAS NOT done at least these two things, brakes fail, and the driver ends up not getting to enjoy the entire day...nor get their money's worth. PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you have your car prepped properly.
In addition, I also ask that you keep an active watch on the event Facebook page for important event updates as we approach 5/24/14. There will also be a caravan of drivers following Jerry Cecco and I up to the track the morning of the event. For those that are interested in cruising up with us, we will be leaving Five Star Ford of Plano at 7am sharp.
For any additional questions please feel free to contact myself or Jerry Cecco.
SEE YOU ALL AT THE TRACK!!

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
Jerry do you have any numbers yet on how many people signed up? Just curios on how many are attending. I am running HPDE3 (yellow group). Also, looks like this weekend is going to be small compared to May 24th.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back