DiMora's Battery Relocation Thread

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Good job to both of you guys on your relocations. This is a plan of mine for the winter months to get ready for this years racing season

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good!

My kit didn't have enough cable to go from the driver's side and then loop up by the fusebox...so that is why I routed mine through the hole by the firewall / battery tray location - but it looks like in the passenger side, where yours is located, gives the length required to do either.

Did you add a breaker to yours?

I did...same one you used and installed in similar fashion. After taking that box apart a gazillion times I just got lazy and didn't take the lid off to take a pic.

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Since my battery has just been sitting around the garage for the last couple months it ended up throwing in the towel. So off to Autozone to spend even more money on this thing but surprise, surprise. The battery was still under a prorated warranty and I got out of there with only having to spend a fraction of the cost of the original.

Now to prevent this from happening again... I had previously seen a friend's car with the Battery Tender connections hard wired up to the battery so he could easily connect and disconnect thus the idea. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the box near the ground wire and slipped a grommet in there. I had to cut the connecting wires from the Battery Tender to the battery in order to get them through the grommet. Once through I used a heat shrink butt splice to put them back together. Now I have an easy and quick disconnect for the Battery Tender.

I also finished up wiring the fuel pumps. That same friend and another put together a pretty slick relay box (grey box) which houses the relays and wiring to trigger the fuel pumps. There are three LEDs which will light up when each pump comes on. The third pump is activated once the hobbs switch in the intake manifold completes the ground.

Attachments

• Christmas lights.jpg
    Christmas lights.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 88
  • frontbox.jpg
    frontbox.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 85
  • layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back