Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Discussion in 'All Non-S197 Media' started by ksack, Jun 19, 2016.

1. ksack

ksack forum member

Painted the pit bike and ran into some engine issues

2. ksack

ksack forum member

Hey friends! Been working hard at getting the winter mods into the truck. Today I'm at about 95% of the way to getting everything reinstalled in the truck so I can get in some test drives this holiday weekend. I now have a Circle D 3b converter (3500 stall), MSD 2-step, and an SFI flexplate. I'm hoping these help wake the truck up and bring down the atrocious 60' times I was getting on the stock converter. Below are a couple videos for your viewing pleasure. Help me out by liking and subscribing to my channel on Youtube.

[​IMG]

3. ksack

ksack forum member

Only able to get in 1 test drive this weekend. Making some tuning tweaks to hopefully bring this trans to where we want it. Tracks open in a month or so for TnT so the clock is ticking! Latest video below (includes a test drive!)

4. ksack

ksack forum member

After some consideration, foot braking wasn't getting the full benefit of the new converter so I installed a transbrake today. Track opens in 3 weeks and I'm quite excited to test it out! Still working through getting the trans tune sorted out so hopefully it'll be reading for the first TnT of the season.

For those considering adding a transbrake to your 6R80, make sure to verify any labels provided by the manufacturer as the 3.7 harness differs from the 5.0 harness.

5. ksack

ksack forum member

First TnT was today and boy was it an emotional roller coaster. If anyone knows how to disable a limiter within the tune that limits transbraking to 2500 rpm, I will be eternally grateful!

6. ksack

ksack forum member

Hey everyone apologies for the long break! With corona closing tracks and me moving across the country, I didn't get much done truck wise. I'm now at sea level so I did an apples to apples comparison before tackling the cam sensor issue I've been having. Sorry for the shaky video in the beginning- a new GoPro is on my list of things to get! Hope y'all enjoy and if you enjoy the project, please consider subscribing for the Youtube Algorithm.

7. ksack

ksack forum member

Friends,

I need some help. I've been trying to chase down a CMP sensor issue that I believe is the source of my not being able to get all the way up on the 2-step. I've run the diagnostic tree and it is failing a resistance test. It is supposed to read greater than 10K ohms, but I get 1.8K at the connector. I've isolated it down to the PCM, and am at loss currently. I tested different pins and was able to match the 1.8k resistance between the CMP pin and the grounds for the cowl harness. I'm concerned that the board got wet (see below) and is now bridging some connection that it should not be.

Can someone do me a favor if they have an 11-14 5.0? Measure the resistance between pin 42 on the engine (middle) connection, and pins 69 and 70 on the cowl (outer, same size) connection?

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the PCM when I removed the cover. Are those orange things signs of water intrusion? They feel like play-doh. I removed all of them and it made no difference.

[​IMG]

8. ksack

ksack forum member

Update to above. Looks like the stuff on the board is just extra paste that oozed through. Sometimes all you need is a second set of eyes. Got a test back from someone. Same resistance...back to troubleshooting

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.