Dry Nitrous

SlvrS197

Reaction score
Any input?? i am considering putting a dry kit on the car, but not sure yet. Anyone have any ideas, input, experience with the kits on 3v's?

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a dry kit. With the availability of wet kits, the ease of tuning a wet kit, and the safety of a wet kit, I would just go with that. Look into the HSW kits and accessories for the S197s, that is what I run (over a year now) and never had a single issue besides using too much of it lol...........BTW, car looks awesome man.

SlvrS197

Reaction score
thanks!!! yea i have run wet kits on my tungsten 3v for years, and never had a problem with them. i was just considering doing something simple, l like a little 50 shot or something. but i think im just going to go with a 75-100 wet shot, just dont know if that will be pushing it too much since i already have heads, and big cams.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Go to HSWs website and watch the message boards for the specials.........I got my complete setup for less than $500 last year around Christmas time because they had some promo codes going on. I hate directed people to other forums so I won't say any specific names, BUT there are some forums directed solely at nitrous. They have promo sales going on right now also. Hell I saw a brand new HSW LS1 wet kit going for less than 300 bucks from one site.

On a side note, i don't see an issue with a 50 shot dry UNLESS you are already close to maxing out your injectors/pump.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
With your power levels I would look into a new pump setup soon. My pump couldn't handle my system on a 125 shot on the big end of the track. You're already requesting more fuel than a stock car does with your heads and cams. Your injectors should be fine I would think. Just make sure it makes some data logging pulls on a dyno AT LEAST

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back