DSS 1-piece aluminum driveshaft (05-10 GT, auto/manual)

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Price: $550 shipped

This is a 3.5" Driveshaft shop driveshaft. 1350 front u-joint with flange to mount up to the transmission. 3.5” 6061-T6 aluminum rated for 3450ft lbs of torque, custom welded on DSS auto feed machines. New version 300M Spline for the CV mount that is stronger than the rest of the shaft. Custom modified High Speed 108mm CV with special boot and grease. Custom conversion plate (corrosion plated) to change from the stock Ford CV to DSS 108mm version. 900HP Rated. Balanced on one of the most sophisticated balancing machines in the industry. With the CV in the rear there is no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars.

I had this on my car for approximately 8,000 miles. This was recently taken off my car and professionally rebalanced by DSS. The only reason I took this off my car is because I damaged the CV joint. The damage was not due to HP of the car or the pinion angle. I was working on the rear axle (DS still connected to the diff) when the rear axle dropped from it's supports. That extreme weight at an extreme angle busted the CV joint. Luckily DSS fixed the CV joint, rebalanced the DS and it is as good as new. I am almost tempted to put it back on the car because I had no issues with it while it was on the car. I had no rubbing, no vibrations, and I installed it myself! I've had other driveshafts, but this one is extremely well built.

Last edited:

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
So u customized this one or this is the write up from there website?

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
So this is direct bolt up no pinion flange adapter? Is this the latest version of the dss? How much lighter then stock I know most are 24lbs

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
So this is direct bolt up no pinion flange adapter? Is this the latest version of the dss? How much lighter then stock I know most are 24lbs

Yes this bolts directly to the pinion flange adapter (included with DS). Can't remember the weight, but I want to say this is closer to 20lbs...but don't quote me!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back