Ecoboost

05yellowgt

Reaction score
You know you are right Steve. I could have sworn they had a rwd 3.5 ecoboost and control pack for sale.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe there has already been an FRPP ecoboost dropped into a fox body. If there aren't clearance issues there, then dropping into an S197 should be cake as far as turbo fitment goes.

You're thinking about the 1935 ish ecoboost show car.

EDIT: '34 Ford Coupe

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1004_1934_ford_coupe/

I wonder if the turbos and manifolds would clear the frame on either side.
Also, the Turbos on the transversely mounted ecoboost V6 have the turbine outlets facing towards the front of the engine, which will likely make fitting a large downpipe difficult of impossible. Unless the longitudinal variant of the engine has different turbo orientation.

Id be more inclined to build some turbo manifolds from scratch and enjoy the benefits of EWG, better manifold design, better downpipe design and a larger turbo(s)

SHO manifolds are integral to the turbo I believe and the F150 is turbo bolts on style I believe. Just use the F150 manifolds.

EDIT: I'm wrong. You want the SHO manfolds and aftermarket turbos. See linked pic...

http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec-ford/FMC-engines/6m35d-ecoboost/EcoBoost_ExploView_02_HR.htm

Last edited:

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats a cool pic.
That flange looks similar to a KKK flange. If it is a KK turbo there may be some possibility for a mild turbo upgrade, but I would much rather have T25 or T3 outlets. Plus that manifold isnt exactly performance oriented.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think it would be very cool! The next SVO :clap:

If small mods can get a heavy 4-door SHO into the low 12's, it would definitely be fun in a Mustang.

-Rick

ant speed

Reaction score
What niche will such a car fill? How many Mustang buyers would actually buy a turbo I4 Mustang? How many import buyers do you think Ford could actually lure over to this car? The answers are none and not many.

^^^agreed... i seriously doubt there will be an SVO revival with the focus st coming out soon.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Ford had a ecoboost v6 in a test mule mustang a few years ago according to a fomoco engineer I know. He said it was running with the gt500, but you know how rumors are. Would be a sweet ride, but I would rather have twins on a v8.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Honestly I would be all over a Ecoboost V6 in a Mustang. Enough to have me considering a trade in. On a budget a Ecoboost > Coyote.

Like Rick was saying the SHO reached well into the 12s on a car that weigh at 4015 lbs. On a lighter Mustang I'm sure that could be well into the 11s.

If the car cost and weighs in the about the same as the 5.0, the best bang for the buck for a gearheads out there would be a Ecoboost variant. Basic bolt-ons and a tune probably be cheaper than buying a set of LT header and tune for a 5.0.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back