SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
6esesa2a.jpg

apudaqad.jpg

2yryvu4u.jpg

jeta2a2a.jpg
yqunesyt.jpg

Hit a pole going sideways. Was able to drive the car home and rims and tires are good except front right has puncture but hopefully only body damage and no frame damage

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
No idea, you may have gotten lucky hitting that panel instead of the wheel/axle. Still, not gonna be cheap. Lol.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Somewhere in the 3 grand range, just did a quick estimate in our system with limited info and came up with 2,800.

Is the bumper ripped in that corner?? how is the tail lamp

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
So, Let's hear the story...

And damn if you weren't so far away. I've got a brand new Ford RH quarter panel (and inner quarter) here I bought for my orange SGT that I ended up not fixing. Shipping to FL would be a MF'er.

07silvergtss

forum member
Reaction score
4,300. thats is if there is no frame damage, if so close to being a total. most of the $$ will come from labor hours.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
3k+ range easy.
Stop trying to drift, fast and furious.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
To do it right you would have to get it on frame machine and see if the suffrage shifted on not. Remove back glass, trunk lid, quarter glass, and cut out damaged quarter panel. definitely can be fixed. Just a matter if you want to cut corners on the cost or not.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think the car is on the books at 38k.

The framerail will be the determining factor but I was also thinking 8k range. My deductible is $800. Could have been far worse if I hit the axle.

As for the whole story, I'm on my phone but I'll explain it all in detail later. Basically was on the onramp to the highway and drag radials plus light rain plus going sideways resulted in loss of my counter steer and it hooked then threw the back out. The road is surrounded by grass and that one pole and I hit it.

I'm young and an idiot and I guess this is just another learning curb.

MORAL: don't daily drive drag radials in tropical -wet- climates

I think an apology is also due for damaging this really pretty SGT... I feel like an abusive husband!

Last edited:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I wouldn't just weld a section in on that car. That entire skin would get replaced if it were mine. That would involve drilling every one of those spot welds out on that body side...labor intensive. To do it right, $7000 smackers, maybe closer to $8000.

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Insurance is paying and I pay enough damn money for fucking coverage so I'm gonna make sure those bastards cover it for the best job. Good thing is I have a top notch body shop here in Boca who works with ME instead of the insurance

Started my claim and the adjuster will be here in "1-3 days" so I'm going to assume they'll be here Friday lol

If they total it I'm going to buy an AWD car..............

PS: my traction control was off (it's permanently off) so should I retune the car to turn it back on? Do insurance look at those kinds of things?

Basically I told them it was wet and I hit oil and slid and lost control and hit the pole and it was only due to my extremely competent driving skills that a larger accident was

Last edited by a moderator:

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks you hit the only pole in that area lol. Good luck with the insurance adjuster hopefully they don't screw you over. I would see if I can take the drag radials off at least. IDK if they look that closely or even know but just to be safe so they can't deny you.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I would see if I can take the drag radials off at least. IDK if they look that closely or even know but just to be safe so they can't deny you.

It doesn't really matter from the standpoint of the insurance company. It's his fault regardless of what tires are on it. Whether they're bald, DR's, or he was simply going too fast, it's still the same claim to them.

My buddy did the same thing in his '03 Cobra. Offramp, rain, and drag radials. He took out a small pole and a sign. He was cited for "Too fast for conditions" and had to pay to replace the pole and the sign. His insurance fixed his car no problem, but didn't pay for the pole or sign.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, good thing is that I was able to drive off and so no authorities were involved. The pole literally has zero fucking damage. Saw it today and saw some sweet tire marks too and then some not so sweet grass marks toward said immovable metal object.

The only pole in a 500 yard radius and I fucking hit it.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
My damage was $8500 total to replace the quarter panel, door, fender, strut, lower control arm, knuckle and a new wheel and tire. You will be around $5000 if the frame is OK IMO.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back