Finally stopped modding long enough to take a few pictures... enjoy!

bigmachano

Weapon IX
Reaction score
Meet Leighla, my attempt at an old style with a new twist. She's loud, she's mean and I love her.​
Here's a shot of the hood pins...While I was drilling the holes in the 5 month old hood at the craft shop, an nsx owner walked up to me and said, "it takes a real man to cut up a brand new car." I gave an uneasy grin, and sheepishly replied, "Yeah, well that's what I'm doing." It just goes to show my reckless abandon in the pursuit of modification. Here I had to weld the adjustment bolts for the hood pins directly onto the raidator rails to fasten the fucker, and drill four holes on one side just to line it up right. The whole reason for this modification is (you s197 owners already know) at speed, my super brick like aerodynamic hood wants to fly off. I would really like to go fast, so I needed to button down the bonnet to be able to really go against these fucking BMWs on the autobahn. And at the end of the day, there is no longer any hood flutter, I win.​
So, obviously I lowered the car. I used the Eibach Pro Kit, for now. I also put in a CHE adjustable panhard bar to combat the entire rear end being out of alignment. It was a fairly simple install. I had a buddy who works on HMMWVs help me. When we were taking the front right strut out, we didn't know that you weren't supposed to just take off the top bolt without using a spring compressor, so long story short, the entire strut basically shot down and nearly took out my buddy's face. After a few laughs out our obvious error, we did the other side correctly. I'm still trying to decide between either going with the gr40 kit or just going with a Tein fully electrically adjustable system and a Watts four link in the rear.​
Ah... the headers. These are JBA long tube headers. I had to weld in the adjustment bar that you can see in the picture. All it does is pull the headers closer together and away from the frame rails. the reason I did this was because the collectors would contact with the frame and make a hideous vibration that only reverberated throughout the entire length of the exhaust and the whole car as well. I also had to shave down a small portion of the steering shaft for clearance and slightly crimp one of the primaries on the driver side. Also in the picture is the JBA Catless H Pipe, and I had to extend the O2 wires with my expert electrical skills.... Also part of the exhaust system are Flowmaster mufflers.​
All that I've done on the intake side so far is a throttle body spacer. However, I plan on ordering a C&L Racer Intake soon from Brenspeed, and getting a tune to properly utilize my modifications, get rid of that pesky speed control shit and delete the O2 readings.​
Driver mods include a Hurst Short-Throw Shifter and a used Schroth 4 Point Harness that I picked up at a garage sale. The shifter makes all the differance in the world and was my first modification to the car. The driver is the only one who benifits from the harness, as I don't like making my passengers entirely too comfortable... I feel that I'm the only one who needs to not get thrown about the car, and its more fun for them anyway, though they don't always agree. Most of the time the harness stays rolled up underneath the seat, but when I hook it up, you should probabaly get your camera out, cause its gonna be a wild ride.​
And finally the current visual mods are the GT500 rear wing, the skull badges and the Boss Motorsport Rims wrapped in Nitto NT555 rubber. I got the wing because I feel that the stock one is ugly and ineffective. The car originally had the 45th aniversary horseshoe emblems, which I didn't like... so I took them off. As soon as I did, I realized that Ford put alignment holes behind them, which I covered with skulls. They add attitude and about 50whp... And yes, I put them crooked, makes my car look faster. I know that I probably come off like some sort of doche-... but hey, I'm a pretty nice guy once you get to know me. Thanks for looking at my car, I hope you enjoyed the humor. And as Edward Norton said, "close with a quote, because someone else said it better," so I will be pulling from Mr. Bill Shakespeare, "If in turn I have offended, think but this, and all is mended..."​

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back