JBA long tube headers pacesetter mid pipe

Xzakkt

Reaction score
Hey, so I’ve been trying to find an answer with no luck, but are the JBA and pace setter long tube headers essentially the same? I’m looking to buy some JBA long tubes for my 2010 and I want an H pipe instead of X to go with them, but can’t seem to find a JBA one anywhere. I found an off-road pacesetter H pipe for their long tubes, but can’t find the pace setter headers for sale anywhere lol. To me it looks like from the pictures the JBA and pace setters use a slip connection and look very similar in design. Would that H pipe work with the JBAs?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I installed JBA LT's and mating JBA catted H on my 2010, but that was years ago. The cats were hi-flow types. The LT's are titanium ceramic coated vs their slightly cheaper silver ceramic coated LT's. Everything is 2.5". The 8 x primary's are all 1 5/8". Between the ceramic coated LT's....and the new hi-flow cats residing below the seats ( instead of at base of eng bay) reduced the eng bay temps by 40 deg F. The drone was bad..and exhaust was too loud when using my previously installed FRPP FRS-500 mufflers. So in went a pair of SS Pypes M80 resonator's. M80's welded into place, just before the rear axle.... problem solved.

When the LT's were installed, new steeda eng mounts installed at the same time, which have the option of stock eng height, or 1/4" - 1/2" - 3/4" eng drop. I used the 1/4" drop...so then the CAI on my small roush M90 blower clears the steeda STB.

Xzakkt

Reaction score
I appreciate you guys for confirming that. Pace setter h pipe is ordered now just need to order the JBA headers. Can someone explain the difference between the multiple choices available? The only ones obviously different looking at them is the ones that are titanium ceramic coated, but even then they have 2 different titanium ceramic ones at very different price points, and both say 409 stainless. Does it make a difference with transmission? I have a manual

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys for confirming that. Pace setter h pipe is ordered now just need to order the JBA headers. Can someone explain the difference between the multiple choices available? The only ones obviously different looking at them is the ones that are titanium ceramic coated, but even then they have 2 different titanium ceramic ones at very different price points, and both say 409 stainless. Does it make a difference with transmission? I have a manual
AFAIK, the LT's were offered with either a 2.5" collector...or a 3" collector. Mine is 2.5" all the way back.

Xzakkt

Reaction score
Gotcha I see that now! So I ordered the pacesetter H pipe part # 82-1122. The description says 2.5” and it’s for pacesetter 70-3232 headers which looks like they have the 3” collectors. So I’d need to get the JBA with the 3”?

Xzakkt

Reaction score
AFAIK, the LT's were offered with either a 2.5" collector...or a 3" collector. Mine is 2.5" all the way back.
Did you weld or clamp your h pipe to the headers? I was about to order the ones with 2.5” collector when I noticed the pacesetter 82-1122 said made to go with pacesetter 70-3232 headers which have a 3” collector so there’s a little confusion there on my end. Ideally I want to be able to just clamp everything together, and go have it welded down the road if needed

AHaze

Reaction score
You don't want to weld the mid pipe to the headers unless you figure the engine, trans and driveshaft will never have to come out again.
I just installed long tubes on a friend's '14 and had the bright idea to weld V-band flanges in first. I will likely never use slip fit collectors again.

Xzakkt

Reaction score
Good point lol. Anyways I just answered my own question the h pipe got delivered today. I measured one end that’s 3” and the rest is 2.5 so JBA with 3” collector it is!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back