Flooded Passenger Side

Ford Power

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go over this "flood" issue briefly.

Well, it has been raining like hell in California. 2 days ago, I drove my 07 mustang while it was rainning hard, and water was dripping down from somewhere behind the glove box, I then accelerated, water just poured out of somewhere. Today it happened again.

We couldn't find the source of the water inside the cabin, so me and my buddy checked the engine bay by the firewall. There are two rubber pieces runs vertically, one by the battery, one on the other side; I guess they were supposed to be drains, but not if they were upside down, they might as well be drain plugs. They must have been installed wrong from the factory :asshat:, which caused water to pile up in the tray, then through the cabin filter....

Don't know if this is a repost, just thought I'd share in case someone runs into this problem in the future.

johnny06gt

forum member
Reaction score
its not that bad in my car...when i was installing my nitrous line i pulled the pass floor carpet up and there was standing water and surface rust on my floorboards...i thought my car had been in a flood or somthing b4 i bought it..i see im not the only one now..

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
only ford would put the rubbers upside down. there was a pool in between the firewall causing the water to go inside through the cabin filter and all over the electronics

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy huh? Top quality!! BS..... If you do a search you will find many posts about this situation. I actually checked my car before I bought it to make sure it wasnt a Leaker GT model!

patrick

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I rarely act the bitch on this forum but it was right there. Bolted3V and I are just having fun fucking with one another--we're good. Sorry for the minor hijack!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I've got water getting into my trunk mostly on the bottom pass side, but a little by the drivers bottom by where the vents are. At first I thought it was getting in behind the rear tail-lights so I took them out and the rubber grommets by the bolts were rotted. I plugged them up with some duct sealer (similar to the stuff they seal the a/c lines where they enter your home) and it's still getting in so that isn't the problem location.

I've got to figure out where/how it's getting in there but it's too cold right now to use my hose. Guess I'll have to wait until spring for it. Anyone else run into this? I've tried searching on a few forums but I have yet to find anything.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a question about TSB's, is this something that Ford will only fix if the car is still under warranty?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back