Fontana street legal drags Oct 30

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Fontana is having street legal drags on Oct 30. Gates open at 6:00 A:M, tech starts at 6:30 and racing at 9:00.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you have drag radials or slicks. I have yet to see a 5.0, 2010 Camaro SS nor a Challenger SRT 8 break into the 13s with street tires at that track.
Also I will be with people from Club Mustang Empire. We usually have a few shade/tents with the club name on it.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you have drag radials or slicks. I have yet to see a 5.0, 2010 Camaro SS nor a Challenger SRT 8 break into the 13s with street tires at that track.
Also I will be with people from Club Mustang Empire. We usually have a few shade/tents with the club name on it.
HAHA! I already ran a 12.3 with my 5.0 with a Steeda Cold Air Intake, but thanks for your advice bro!
http://www.youtube.com/user/#p/a/u/0/FRcwF4uEdH8

The car will be a lot faster next time! :naughty1:

Last edited:

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
HAHA! I already ran a 12.3 with my 5.0 with a Steeda Cold Air Intake, but thanks for your advice bro!
http://www.youtube.com/user/#p/a/u/0/FRcwF4uEdH8

The car will be a lot faster next time! :naughty1:
The video was unavailable but was that at Fontana back in July? If so, I may have seen it. I saw a 5.0 back then run a few low to mid 12s. There was another 5.0 there running low 14s but he was on street tires.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
The video was unavailable but was that at Fontana back in July? If so, I may have seen it. I saw a 5.0 back then run a few low to mid 12s. There was another 5.0 there running low 14s but he was on street tires.
Yeah that was my black 5.0, it ran 12.6 bone stock with 700 miles on the clock, then I took it again on August 19 with a Steeda Cold Air Intake and a canned SCT Tune and it ran [email protected] with 92 degree weather.
On the 30th it will have some sort of power adder!

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that was my black 5.0, it ran 12.6 bone stock with 700 miles on the clock, then I took it again on August 19 with a Steeda Cold Air Intake and a canned SCT Tune and it ran [email protected] with 92 degree weather.
On the 30th it will have some sort of power adder!
Can't wait to see what it runs. I am just shooting for 12s. I will be content with a 12.9

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be there, shooting for 13s with street tires. :D
You may get it but if you have street tires, it's hard to hook at that track.
A few of will probably meet up around 4:30-4:45 at the Park and Ride near the mobile station off the Pala/76 exit on the 15.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Agree, Fontana is not the best prepped track for sure, I was fighting for traction even with my E.T. Streets set at 11psi!

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Last month the prep was was actually good. I was constantly getting 1.8 60' and I did get one 1.787 60' which is a P.B for me.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
The best I could do was a 1.69, but I was still leaving a little sideways! and I could tell when they car actually hooked after the 60ft!

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
It seems that the track was better prepped in Sept than it was in July. I too was getting a little sideways off the launch in July.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back