ford racing intake manifold with novi 2200

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
With the novi 2200 the coolant trumpet that comes with the paxton hits the intake manifold. Has anyone dealt with this and how do you make it work? I started sanding the coolant elbow down but its not even close. Really need some help

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
pm LAstang. he ran that manifold with his v3 kit. should be the same. did some grinding I know. i'll link the thread in here if I can find it

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my intake .. I had to dremel some of the intake to make it work..

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This shows how a friend cut the FRPP intake on his car. This approach needs to be taken with the FRPP intakes on 05-06.

The thermostat housing on 07-10 to clear an FRPP intake needs a different approach. If anyone is interested of have detailed pictures of how I eliminated the Vortech thermostat housing spacer?

Last edited:

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
^ im interested to see as I want a novi 2200 for my 07, and honestly would get the intake mostly because it looks so clean with a centri blower setup

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Adding a FRPP Intake on a 07 to 10 3V Equipped with a Vortech/Paxton SC

^ im interested to see as I want a novi 2200 for my 07, and honestly would get the intake mostly because it looks so clean with a centri blower setup

Not to hijack the thread, here you go. This is illustrated with a Vortech SC but I understand the Paxton uses the same spacer.

Vortech SC’s come with a spacer that relocates the thermostat housing outlet a few degrees clockwise. The spacer is ½” thick and accordingly raises the thermostat housing height ½”. With the spacer installed the intake manifold simply sits on the thermostat housing and does nor seat on the heads.

Vortech Spacer:

FRPP Intake will not seat because of Vortech Spacer increasing the height of the T-Stat Housing:

FRPP Intake sitting on the T-Stat Housing:

T-Stat Housing marked to be cut:

T-Stat Housing after cutting:

T-Stat Housing after welding:

FRPP Intake in place without Vortech Spacer showing modified T-Stat Housing:

Viola all done FRPP Intake with a Vortech SC:

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
This shows how a friend cut the FRPP intake on his car. This approach needs to be taken with the FRPP intakes on 05-06.

The thermostat housing on 07-10 to clear an FRPP intake needs a different approach. If anyone is interested of have detailed pictures of how I eliminated the Vortech thermostat housing spacer?

Wow he cut the hole where the bolt goes! I figured there is something you can do with the trumpet looking thing to make it work, or get a new piece made.

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, here you go. This is illustrated with a Vortech SC but I understand the Paxton uses the same spacer.

Vortech SC’s come with a spacer that relocates the thermostat housing outlet a few degrees clockwise. The spacer is ½” thick and accordingly raises the thermostat housing height ½”. With the spacer installed the intake manifold simply sits on the thermostat housing and does nor seat on the heads.

Vortech Spacer:

FRPP Intake will not seat because of Vortech Spacer increasing the height of the T-Stat Housing:

FRPP Intake sitting on the T-Stat Housing:

T-Stat Housing marked to be cut:

T-Stat Housing after cutting:

T-Stat Housing after welding:

FRPP Intake in place without Vortech Spacer showing modified T-Stat Housing:

Viola all done FRPP Intake with a Vortech SC:

U have a totally different housing if you look at the other pics posted thats what I have!

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
I figured someone has modified a housing or has had one made or bought one so I dont have to tear up my manifold.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back