Ford Racing S/C kit for shelby gt

C

Casper98gt

Hey, to all who know me. I need a little help. Tmrw im installing a Ford Racing supercharger on a 2007 Shelby GT, the dude just traded in his 2006 C6 orange vert Vette for this thing and also just bought a s/c. So i am installing it...how are they ? Decent? Also if anyone installed one im assuming they come with instructions because i cant find the print outs on their site. And im also assuming they come with a programmer. Thanks for anytihng.

Matt aka Casper

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it is a paxton supercharger. same brand Shelby has always used. its similar to a vortech. htey can make very good power but its a centri type so its up top as compared to the low and mid end power of a twin screw. you will get instructions to install it but they will be worthless if they are anything like vortechs instructions. missing pages, words, and pictures on theirs. you may or may notget a tune but its a better idea to have the car custom tuned anyway because the base tunes are usually horrible.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think he means the Whipple/FRPP supercharger.

Paxton actually does have the instruction manual on its site.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know Paxton used to make blowers for Fords, but that was way before I was born. Twin-supercharged 427 Shelby Cobra FTW! Oh, and the Thunderbird. :clap:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea maybe he does i saw Shelby GT and assumed they would go with the Shelby SC Package

C

Casper98gt

It is a screw type. Not a centri. based. I guess no one has one...i'll let you know how it goes.

Matt

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are talking the Whipple, hell there are several on here that have installed them.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the paxton is a factory installed item on the Shelby... the GT/SC.... Ron and I saw it @ our failed attempt at a track rental....

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the paxton is a factory installed item on the Shelby... the GT/SC.... Ron and I saw it @ our failed attempt at a track rental....

No its a factory option from shelby, but is not standard equipment

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and the ford racing supercharger IS one and the same with the whipple. many people are using them. you wont be the first haha

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
He might have the TVS SC for the shelby. If you do let me know, I have a file for the TVS, Whipple, and KB for the GT500.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back