Front end popping after strut/springs install

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I set mine to 99ft-lbs. I like to live dangerously.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, bro. We've ALL done something like that.

Now go invest in a Kobalt torque wrench. 100 ft-lbs, mmkay? :highfive:
Yes, 100 ft-lbs, then re-check them periodically. I thought "yeah, right, they never back out on me after all these years." On track session & I was shocked to find they had loosened a touch; I now take the check the torque advise seriously.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
I had struts and shocks replaced by a nationally-known, highly-regarded manufacturer's specialty shop that happens to be located close to me. Took a ten-mile evaluation drive, pulled into my garage and as is my custom after the wheels have been off, checked the lugs' torque. Front wheels were at about 65 lbs/ft. Looks to me as if they went around once but forgot the final touch. They won't get another chance to screw up.

Never trust anyone. Check them lug-nuts. Personally. With a decent torque wrench.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Know what you mean. Had my new wheels balanced at a recommended shop and got 10 miles from shop at 50mph in rush hour traffic had rear drivers wheel roll past me and across 4 lanes of traffic without hitting a car. I was able to pull over. Only damage to car was a slight rub on outside fender flare (from tire) and a worn down undercarriage bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back