FS: Killer Chiller Stage 3 Kit - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Selling my Stage 3 Killer Chiller. This is a complete Cabin cooling Bypass. All of the A/C power goes to colling the intercooler fluid. It can be converted to a stage 2 kit by changing one fitting which you can get from Joe at Killer Chiller for a few bucks. I am including:

Killer Chiller unit
Coolant temp gauge
all of the fittings
some brand new Neoprene to insulate your coolant tank to keep the fluid as cold as possible
all of the A/C hoses
Instructions - here

**You may or may not need more of the hose depending on how you run the lines in your car.

For those concerned with condensation and dripping, ect. I never saw condensation on the lines nor did I drip anything on the track. Not even on a 90 degree day.

asking 600 obo, retail is 799.99

From Lethal Performance's Site:
For drag racing most of our customers turn the system on during the return from the end of the track, and then off just before staging again. This has allowed our customers to spend their time at the track "racing", instead of icing 45 minutes in-between runs..

System comes with all necessary
lines hoses fittings & retainers
comes with your choice of red,
blue or green led temp gauge for monitoring IC temperatures
Guaranteed to lower your
IC temp 50 to 55 degrees
Starting at: $799.00

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh yea, it includes the extra fan for the condensor as well

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was used for less than a year. All in all it has about 3000 miles on it, if that. It might be closer to 2000 as I did not get to drive the car at all last summer.

Here are the pics as requested. I have a few new fittings there already to make installation in a new car a breeze. The gauge glows green and I will include the sensor/sender for it as well. If needed I also have a FRPP Lightning intercooler pump as well as an almost new A/C compressor, condenser, accumulator and any stock A/C hose for spares if needed.

IMG_20110403_145212.jpg

IMG_20110403_145233.jpg

IMG_20110403_145257.jpg

IMG_20110403_145305.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
here is the new neoprene to insulate your tank if you so desire:

IMG_20110403_145556.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I convert to stage 2 will I still have A/C inside my car too? I'm thinking about what I need to do to lower my IAT's with the Saleen S/C.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes matt you would. You can even use a special Industrial freon, which is environmentally safe to make the system more efficient and colder than the typical 134A. and its fully compatible with our A/C systems.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
that sounds like an amazing product and i wish i could afford it now... it would be so cool!!! good luck with the sale.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm really thinking about this as my IAT's driving around were in the 200 range last summer and fall. Once winter hit I was fine in the 180 range with the outside temps in the 20's. I looked at leathal's site and it only shows a stage 1 and 2 kit so I'd think you have the stage 2 kit. How hard was the install? I'm assuming I wouldn't need any kind of retune as I'm only looking to lower IAT's while driving around normally.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
200? jesus christ. yea this will help you. I wasnt seeing that cruising around, more like 120-130ish

No i have a stage 3 kit. It was built for me to completely bypass in cabin cooling by Joe at Killer Chiller. To make it a stage 2 kit, you need a different fitting at the accumulator.

Stage 1: Priority is in cabin cooling with some diverted to the KC
Stage 2: Priority is the Intercooler with some diverted to in cabin
Stage 3: No in cabin and completely for the KC.

I do believe Joe even has a box with a switch on it now to convert from cabin to intercooling. So you can have full cooling in the cabin when you want it, and flip a switch to have full intercooler cooling. Dont quote me on that though as I was only interested in full intercooler cooling as i never used the A/C in cabin.

Installation was a breeze, literally took 2 hours, and most of that i was figuring out where to mount the chiller unit itself. You dont cut any factory hoses, and it is completely plug and play. Ill even include the A/C quick disconnect tools since I removed my entire AC system from the car and no longer need them. No you wouldn't need a new tune, it will only lower your IAT's, not change timing.

I also have a intercooler pump if you need one, and a larger coolant tank if needed.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much extra would you want for the pump and the tank?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes matt you would. You can even use a special Industrial freon, which is environmentally safe to make the system more efficient and colder than the typical 134A. and its fully compatible with our A/C systems.

I'm going to see if they sell this on the KC site, if not where did you get yours?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the site somewhere, Ill find it for you

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its not, no, but its sold. forgot to mark it as such. Sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.