fuel filter location on the 2011 5.0??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
anyone know if these cars have an internal filter or if the filter in still external?? I need to replace mine, and went and bought the filter, I called Ford and the 1 guy I talked to said he didnt know for sure. I havent been up under the car yet..

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Ford recommends it to be changed at 15k, im at 16,8xx.. and i have other reasons that I want to change it ;)

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
It's external. There is a plastic cover that covers the lines under the car remove that cover and u will see the filter. It's about in the middle of the car. On the driver side.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think you have to have the special tool to remove the fuel lines. I could be wrong though because I've never changed one on a Mustang.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
on fords that I have had in the past, i had to have those plastic things that push the fuel lines off the filter.. is that what your talking about??

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
i don't believe that the 5.0 have a external fuel filter i remember being at evo getting ready to drain the fuel and when we took off the plastic cover there was no fuel filter where they were in previous years. i may be wrong but i'm almost positive.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
the parts store gave me a filter but I doubt its the right one.. it just doesnt look right.. just call it a hunch.. i will post back on here when i get a chance to get under the car and find out for sure eitherway. .i would REALLY hate to have to drop the damn tank just to change a fuel filter.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
I looked it up on the ford workshop Manuel and it shows on the fuel lines under the cover. And on these tanks to get to the pump or anything in side u just remove the rear seats and the covers are there. Super easy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back