Gas in Vacuum Line

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Got one for yall. Have yall ever seen this? Went to take the phasr bolt out and it wasnt torqued at all. Take the chain off to see this. Im almost got the driver side head off but figure it was a good time to take a lunch break. I dont know if im impressed with how.fast I am doing this or sadden since this isnt the first time im doing it lol

But with this the cam would shoot to the point of lease pressure on each spring so all valves would have been open to a degree so im sure now every piston is damaged

more then likely sent fron Dairy Queen mmmmm blizzards

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365273708086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365273708086.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365273734005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365273734005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365273752024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365273752024.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Got one for yall. Have yall ever seen this? Went to take the phasr bolt out and it wasnt torqued at all. Take the chain off to see this. Im almost got the driver side head off but figure it was a good time to take a lunch break. I dont know if im impressed with how.fast I am doing this or sadden since this isnt the first time im doing it lol

But with this the cam would shoot to the point of lease pressure on each spring so all valves would have been open to a degree so im sure now every piston is damaged

So your thinking the phaser bolt was never torqued?

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
No it was I did this one when I had to take it a part to put the followers back in when I first got the car back.

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the torque specs on the heads studs I cant break any of the nuts lose

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Yep. Had to pull the bar off my jack to to use as a breaker bar and still needed to have my knee firmly pressed up against the car to break them

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Well have one thing left and it has been a bitch. Finally got the crank pulley bolt out but cant get the crank it self out. I have a 18% over size and the two crank pulley pullers I have wont fit. Cant get the hooks back behind the pulley. But looking at it fastlane put some kind of colking or jb welded on it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365286729675.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365286729675.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 22

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well have one thing left and it has been a bitch. Finally got the crank pulley bolt out but cant get the crank it self out. I have a 18% over size and the two crank pulley pullers I have wont fit. Cant get the hooks back behind the pulley. But looking at it fastlane put some kind of colking or jb welded on it.

You need to remove that thick washer first. It should have RTV behind it or it will leak. Pop that washer off there and Im sure your pullers will work much better. LOL

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Try a puller from an auto parts store. Free rental and they may have something more suited to what you are pulling. It looks like they used gray rtv. It will come off with the correct tool.

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
You need to remove that thick washer first. It should have RTV behind it or it will leak. Pop that washer off there and Im sure your pullers will work much better. LOL

God im such a dumb ass I forgot about that damn washer

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Wow...just read the thread. Sucks for sure. I posted my cam follow carnage pictures in that other thread. Your cam gear looks like mine did.. my cam bolt was loose also but I figured it was from gear spinning on the cam...and the cheap ass after market gears I had.

Anybody else seen the pin on the OEM cam gears break? I kinda always thought that little 5mm pin wasn't much when going to stiffer springs and big cams. Yours is the first one I've read about that was with the OEM cam gears.

Lee

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Well finally got the damn pulley off after three trips to auto zone end up having to take parts from one kit and parts from another to make the dame thing work. But start pulling the heads and I dont have enough clearance to pass the ARP studs. So yall have any tricks for me to try tomorrow?

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
ya thats what I figured but it was to dark to see since my flash light was dead I thought they used a allen to put them in but couldn't remember for sure

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score

that doesnt look like an 18% od ive ever seen.

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
What is your max rpm?

ill have to see what Lito had it set up on the tune

ummm. someone fucked you if you were supposed to have an 18% OD balancer

Got it from JDM and I moved my boost curve to a lower rpm range and wrnt from 17 of boost to 24 so seems to be doing the job to me

Back