Gas Mileage & Whipple

Reaction score
For those of you with the Whipple HO kit, what are you seeing for gas mileage?

From the get-go, I expected gas mileage to drop significantly, but not by half. I am currently using the Ford Racing tune. Exhaust, trunk lid, and rear fascia are typically coated in carbon.

I'm currently seeing 11-12 MPG. I'll see numbers this low even during a conservative drive.

I've experienced some major issues with the Whipple, including a leaky intercooler. Perhaps the O2 sensors were damaged?

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 11.4 MPG for daily driving. I recently took a long trip to Vegas, and averaged 19 MPG. The numbers are pretty pathetic, but I do drive like a fool every chance I get. :onfire: I have no mechanical or tune issues that I am aware of and maintain the car very carefully (oil, oil/fuel/air filters, tires, etc). If I get on a straightaway and put on cruise control at 65 MPH, I'll read 20 - 25 MPH, depending on the slope of the road.

G.T

Reaction score
IMAGE_00080.jpg

G.T

Reaction score
:allhail:
HA HA thats funny Louie, I've ridden with you, and you don't drive "nice"

Just one more reason to run Procharger......great fuel economy!

Considering i had a hole before my cats that day, i was really trying to be "nice" :D

on the other hand, the best mpg i've achieved so far, even while N/A was about 14..
i guess my right foot is simply heavy as it is!
no complaints there :D

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
with an auto, 10psi whipple (and items listed below) I get around 14 in town (I drive fairly soft on the gas), 16 if I'm cruising in the mountains, and anywhere from 19-23 on the freeway, depending on the speed. I haven't checked the computer's estimation in a while, so those are just what the computer thinks. Checking by hand before I got the blower, the computer seems to be fairly close.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I guess i'm doing good. 22mpg on the highway and 17 city at 11psi with Adam's tune. Don't go by the average the dash says, I ran my tank almost dry and put in 10 gallons, then ran it almost dry again and did the calculations. The dash was close, but lower than the calculation I came up with.

G.T

Reaction score
yeah i used to do ~205 miles in a full tank back in the N/A days (~13mpg)
now i'm down to ~174 (~11mpg) on average with the 10PSI whipple.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back