GT/CS detailed: Before & After pics

anticubicle

Reaction score
Did a light paint correction yesterday on a black 2007 Mustang GT-CS. i was not aware of how dirty this car was when I came by, I just knew it could use a light swirl removal, some wax and the normal stuff.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

4357026235_8b23dc8ecf_b.jpg

4357773804_3160faf85e_b.jpg

4357027089_0f2da2e5b4_b.jpg

4357027535_5675a1cd47_b.jpg

4357027651_79b199291a_b.jpg

Now onto the wheels…

4357775320_3be3799626_b.jpg

4357775536_0d75f1384a_b.jpg

4357775764_3833559a7e_b.jpg

Things you do not see, the rear bumper felt like sandpaper. I kid you not, I had to claybar the rear bumper twice before it felt somewhat smooth.

I did not get any process shots, only a few "afters" since it was just me and my buddy (who just so happens to be the owner of the car). We were definitely fighting the clock on this job.

So I'll explain what I did….

1. Wash + Clay

2. Trim/Dressing - Did the trim first so that any dressing that gets on the paint would be removed with the polishing step. This included Tires, wheel wells, window trim, upper & lower grill, difuser etc.,

3. Polish/Swirl Remover - Applied with a DA Porter Cable and an Orange Foam pad

4. Glaze - Applied with a DA Porter Cable and an Black Foam pad.

5. Wax - Applied by foam applicator pad.

Here are some during and after pics.

These shots were taken after the Polish was applied.
4357776186_5dd961eaf2_b.jpg

4357776408_3f2125c211_b.jpg

The inside of the wheel had some sort of tarnishing that I could not get out with normal scrubbing. My hands could not fit behind his brakes. Possibly going to remove the wheels next time and see what I can do.
4357029195_d6d45d551e_b.jpg

Taken the morning after (pics at night did not do it justice). The little line across the door is the edge of the GT-CS stripe.

4357029617_c5ed0010a1_o.jpg

4357777158_8250d8306a_o.jpg

4357777172_4eb20610d2_o.jpg

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great! What product did you use on the plastics(upper and lower grille, and wheel wells?)

anticubicle

Reaction score
Thx guys.

Products used....

Wash: Mothers California Gold Car Wash
Clay: Mothers Claybar
Polish: Pinnacle XMT Swirl Remover #3 w/ an Orange Lakewood Foam Pad
Glaze: Pinnacle XMT Carnuba Glaze Finisher w/ a Black Lakewood Foam Pad
Wax: Pinnacle Signature Series II applied via Foam applicator
Trim: Croftgate
Tire Shine: Optimum Matte Finish Tire Shine

I use a lot of other products, in fact the next job I do I'm switching to a different polish (almost out of the Pinnacle). Also testing out some new leather care products that Croftgate sent me samples of.

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Damn fine job! To bad your not in Ohio, when this bullshit snow lets up will will need a good cleaning! What did you use on the wheels to get all of that corrosion off?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks damn good. I know what you mean about the rear bumper...mine collects some major grime on the top. I think the contaminants stick better to plastic.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn I wish you were around here. I could use some learning on how to do this. I am hesitant to do it myself. I am not sure what process etc to use.

Car looks awesome, and my car definitely needs this sort of treatment.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Damn I wish you were around here. I could use some learning on how to do this. I am hesitant to do it myself. I am not sure what process etc to use.

Car looks awesome, and my car definitely needs this sort of treatment.

If you want I can do your car. I need to do mine as well and I am thinking about starting a small business doing it out of my garage.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want I can do your car. I need to do mine as well and I am thinking about starting a small business doing it out of my garage.

I appreciate the offer. I may give you a shout. TBH, I would much rather just learn how to do it the right way, so I can continue to do it myself as needed. My biggest concern is fucking up the paint because I was just using the wrong pad, wrong step, wrong something.

It's not cheap to pay someone to do it, and I try to do every possible thing myself.

p.s. Sorry for the thread jack.

anticubicle

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer. I may give you a shout. TBH, I would much rather just learn how to do it the right way, so I can continue to do it myself as needed. My biggest concern is fucking up the paint because I was just using the wrong pad, wrong step, wrong something.

It's not cheap to pay someone to do it, and I try to do every possible thing myself.

p.s. Sorry for the thread jack.

It's cheaper to pay someone to do that it than to buy all of the products and do it yourself.

DA Porter Cable + Foam Pads is about $300 or so alone.
Polishes, Glazes will run you around $40-60 depending on what you buy
Then you need to factor in your Wash supplies, the Clay and of course the Wax.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's cheaper to pay someone to do that it than to buy all of the products and do it yourself.

DA Porter Cable + Foam Pads is about $300 or so alone.
Polishes, Glazes will run you around $40-60 depending on what you buy
Then you need to factor in your Wash supplies, the Clay and of course the Wax.
Not if you plan on doing it a few times a year. Plus, I know where he's coming from - I like to do everything myself if at all possible. I don't like people dicking with my car or anything else for that matter. With the wealth of - and easy accessibility to - knowledge out there, there is not much you can't do. Plus there's nothing better than the satisfaction of putting your name on a quality piece of work.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
nice turn around....I browse autopia.org for motivation but haven't made it to get me a PC yet.

The moxy's turned out nice. What'd you guys use on the wanna be rivets? I'll assume a brush of some sort and a cleaner?

anticubicle

Reaction score
nice turn around....I browse autopia.org for motivation but haven't made it to get me a PC yet.

The moxy's turned out nice. What'd you guys use on the wanna be rivets? I'll assume a brush of some sort and a cleaner?

Used a concentrated wheel cleaner + a Boar's Hair Brush / Daytona Speed Master wheel brush.

I first sprayed the wheels with water, let it sit for a few. Then sprayed the wheel cleaner, let that soak in for a bit and hit it with the brushes. The grime came right off.

I then applied a wheel glaze :)

jjay760

forum member
Reaction score
MAN you make me want to wash mine!! i hate you, cuz mine doesnt look like that right now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back