Had a train derail at work today.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks! I just got a job at a railroad as a switchman. I didn't see any HAZ-MAT placards so i guess it'll be okay!

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, that is a serious derail. I work for a railcar repair facility and I havent seen cars with that much damage in a while. Were those pretty much hoppers and gondolas involved with that?

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, thats nice. Union labor?

In what they call a ''de-rail'' period. After my 60 days starting January 13th i'll be part of the union coverage or whatever.

Other than that i'm enjoying being the only 19 year old there/ one of my friends making that kind of money. time to set out on my own!

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In what they call a ''de-rail'' period. After my 60 days starting January 13th i'll be part of the union coverage or whatever.

Other than that i'm enjoying being the only 19 year old there/ one of my friends making that kind of money. time to set out on my own!

Well I mean that kind of money is union wages. But wait, if you werent doing anything before how did/do you afford the Mustang to begin with?

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Well I mean that kind of money is union wages. But wait, if you werent doing anything before how did/do you afford the Mustang to begin with?

Guess im spoiled. It was a graduation present.
but ive bought every tank of gas all the insurance and every lst mod.
But yeah i got the car fo free. Call it watcha wanna haha9

Witt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pics.

We just had two major ones this year on the sub-division I work on. One was due to a dragging piece of brake equipment that eventually caught a switch and caused the pile up and the more recent one was due to a sun kink distorting the rail.

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody was hurt. It happened about halfway down the train. They think it was a broken rail on the diamond. Witt, Do you work for CSX?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back