Hello from Michigan!

2009 Deluxe GT

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here. Just stumbled on this site and after a few reads realized this forum is the place to be for all my S197 needs.

My first Mustang was buying my older brothers 1985 LX 5.0 in 1989 after he paid it off. I drove the hell out of that on Telegraph Road for two years (Telegraph Road was the Woodward Avenue for those of us who grew up on the west side of Detroit). My bother was 20 when he ordered it using the Ford A-plan discount (our Dad worked at Ford) and as he didn't want it to be too expensive he ordered it with VERY few options. I still have a copy of the window sticker somewhere in my house and the options were the 5.0, premium cassette stereo and a light package (under hood light if I remember). That's it. And in 1985 that meant no power windows, no power locks, no tilt wheel, no power seats and most of all, no AC. That car was very light! I could race anything newer on the road (including the 89' and 90' Mustangs) and beat em'. With one exception, those Grand Nationals were too much. Michigan winters suck so I sold it.

Fast forward to early 2009 and I could afford to have a car for fun and I just loved the looks of the S197's. I saw what the 2010 body changes were and decided I had to act now If I was going to get a new Mustang with the body style I liked so much. I'm not a rich man so I started my search for the lowest optioned GT 5-speed I could find. I found it, 8 miles down the road at a Ford dealer. Black Deluxe GT 5-speed with one option on the window sticker, wheel locking kit (locking lug nuts). I test drove it with 8 miles on the OD. Fell in love, called my retired Dad for a Z-plan code and drove it home the next day.

I'll post details of what I've done to it over the years at some point, and I have some questions for the knowledgeable gang here. Meantime here's my 09' with a pic from last year. My Mustang in 2019.jpg

2009 Deluxe GT

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, your ride looks clean..

Thanks! It currently has 30000 miles on the OD. I drove it a lot the first 5 years but not that much since. It's never seen snow here and when I did the much needed shifter upgrade I was soooooo happy to work on a car with no rust or seized bolts that I didn't know how to react.

stkjock - I did read the posting facts before I became a member and will do my best to follow the rules. I'm not a problem poster, promise!

Back