Help with a Panhard bar installation

Amadeu Bueno

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased an adjustable Panhard Bar (BMR PHR006H) for my 2008 Mustang GT and I'm wondering whether someone can put some light here.

It happens that I couldn't make it fit in my car. The bar, fully retracted, is approximately 3 centimetres (1 ⅛ inch) bigger than the original.

The total size of this bar, fully retracted, is 44 inches. I'm attaching some pictures showing the difference between this bar and the original bar.

I believe that I received the wrong bar. Any thoughts about that?

Many thanks,

Amadeu Bueno

02.jpeg

04.jpeg

crjackson

Reaction score
That EXACT same thing just happened to me about 3 weeks ago. The BMR PHB they sent was too long, just like yours.

I returned it for a full refund, and purchased a FRPP PHB instead. Easily installed and corrected my off-center rear axle.

They sent you the wrong PHB. Return it.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BMR really sucks now. They used to be a great company with great products and excellent tech people. But now it seems like only morons work there. I tried to buy a swaybar and it was nothing but trouble. Send it back. Get a refund. Tell them they are idiots and buy anything else.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, again? Exact same thing happened to me. I can understand a mistake out of the warehouse here and there but this is getting stupid. No quality control in their shipping department.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

crjackson

Reaction score
Holy shit, again? Exact same thing happened to me. I can understand a mistake out of the warehouse here and there but this is getting stupid. No quality control in their shipping department.

I’m not sure the shipping department is the problem. I received mine in a box with the correct part number on the label, it’s just that the wrong part was in the box. Is the shipping department responsible for pulling the part, and labeling the box. If so, then yeah, their shipping department is crap.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its way more than just shipping. I was overbilled and sent the wrong part. When I called in, the people on the phone were also incompetent. When I told the lady in billing that this used to be a great place to buy from and now its a cluster, she said "well its a different world now". Maybe, but I bet she has always been an idiot.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I haven't dealt with them since pre-covid but I have had nothing but great results dealing with BMR. Last time I called them I told them that I cracked their Extreme anti-roll bar and they offered to make me a new one and wanted to know if I wanted to go with a thicker tube. Time before that they I bought a torque arm suspension for my F-body and they coordinated with Strange and Wilwood to set up an axle and brake package. I thought that was above and beyond. But like I said I haven't done much wrenching over the last year or so so I haven't had to deal with them. BUT I do know many businesses are hurting to get qualified people in and trained. I have recently been trying to get parts for the Mustang to fix her up and sell her and that has been a chore. Many companies don't have stock, raw materials, or the workers to process and manufacture. I recently got an "I'm not sure when we will do another production run, or even if we will do one." Leaves me hanging on if I should wait or look for an alternative. Another place that used to offer pre-painted parts said they couldn't get a painter for the amount of volume they are currently doing. Anyways, my point is there are a lot of great companies out there that are struggling, whether it's on the service or production side, that aren't performing up to their usual standards. My own operation currently has gaps in it that we just can't seem to fill at the moment and yes we are struggling to provide the product and service that we used to but it's not.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the exact same adjustable PHB (BMR, but red) 10 years ago from AM..and it fit like a glove..and very easy to adjust. What's folks are receiving these days is clearly made for another vehicle....since it's way too long. BMR appears to be putting the wrong PHB into the box...then of course, summit, AM, et all, are shipping out the wrong PHB. It's a simple screwup, that needs to be rectified asap. I wonder where the correct length phb's are ending up ?? My guess is, the GM folks are probably whining their PHB's are way too short.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
My most recent experiences with BMR have been stellar. Less than a year ago I ordered an adjustable Panhard bar from them and 4 days later it showed up. It bolted right on. Two weeks ago I ordered the chassis brace that goes above the Panhard bar and the result was the same. I used their on line order process, never spoke to anyone and 3 or 4 days later the UPS driver dropped it off at my front door. It also bolted right on.

Amadeu Bueno

Reaction score
I’m not sure the shipping department is the problem. I received mine in a box with the correct part number on the label, it’s just that the wrong part was in the box. Is the shipping department responsible for pulling the part, and labeling the box. If so, then yeah, their shipping department is crap.
Same thing here. Correct label, wrong part....

VGMStudios

Reaction score
Wow I'm so glad I went with Steeda.
I just upgraded mine as well and it fit no issues.
Hope you get yours dealt with quickly.

Frankief28

Reaction score
Random question but does anyone know how to solve high speed vibration issues? I’ve had my car aligned wheels balanced one piece drive shaft but for some reason at speeds 90 plus car vibrates and not in steering wheel just feel it mainly in the front it’s driving me crazy I have nittos in front and Mich. sport p1s in rear

DBcooper

Reaction score
Random question but does anyone know how to solve high speed vibration issues? I’ve had my car aligned wheels balanced one piece drive shaft but for some reason at speeds 90 plus car vibrates and not in steering wheel just feel it mainly in the front it’s driving me crazy I have nittos in front and Mich. sport p1s in rear

Is your car lowered? If so, check your pinion angle. Otherwise I would make sure my driveshaft is balanced.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Which brand of one piece DS ?

DieHarder

Reaction score
If it's coming from the front not likely that it's your drive shaft. Are you sure your tires/rims aren't out-of-round? Next time you visit the tire shop ask them to spin them for you and observe the tires/rims. Found that my rims were damaged (out-of-round) and didn't know it. Good news is there are companies (like Quest rim) that can repair bent rims if they're not too bad. Not cheap though at $180/rim. Also have run across situations where the tires just aren't round. Whenever you get a new set observe them during mounting/balancing. If they're out of round make them change 'em out until they're acceptable to you. Since I get all of my tires at one tire specialty store they'll usually accommodate what I want especially since I'm buying the more expensive tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back