I wish I would have done it sooner...

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed my Anti-squat brackets and LCAs. And wow what a difference. There is absolutely no squat. For some reason I really didn't they would work that well. My stock LCAs were opinted up at the rear and now they have a downward slope. And the different in weight is huge. Very much worth it.

Also, I got my MGW shifter installed. Great product, but a little uncomfortable to install. I am not one that likes to be on my back, plus I'm really not a small guy. So sliding under the car wasn't the most comfortable. Other from that it was pretty straight forward. I got another set of pictured instructions from another forum, and they worked really well.

I was going to do my UCA while I was there, but decided to wait for the DS to come in. Total time for both installed was 6 hours. That included going to buy a new set of metric sockets and lunch. I can't wait to get back to the track.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the LCA's are soooooo worth it imo. they helped me a lot

V

VSOP

I have not needed any anti squat brackets.. the BMR UCA Mount with its second hole is all I needed on mine and my car does not squat at all..

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
zman, your the new post-ho. i am looking at the threads since i visited last night and everyone has a post from you as the last one hahahaha

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VSOP said:
I have not needed any anti squat brackets.. the BMR UCA Mount with its second hole is all I needed on mine and my car does not squat at all..

Like I said I have the CHE UCA sitting in my garage. I wonder, while I'm at the track, if I will still be squatting without it.

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ZmanM3 said:
How is the new shifter performing?

New shifter is performing really well. It's a no brainer from 2nd to 3rd. Seem like it just falls in there. It will take use to first to second though. The springs feel like they want to push it into fourth. Not a big deal. I figure after I break it in a little it should be a little easier.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
94tbird said:
zman, your the new post-ho. i am looking at the threads since i visited last night and everyone has a post from you as the last one hahahaha

I'm just trying to catch you! Only 258 more posts to go. :D

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
freebass55 said:
ZmanM3 said:
How is the new shifter performing?

New shifter is performing really well. It's a no brainer from 2nd to 3rd. Seem like it just falls in there. It will take use to first to second though. The springs feel like they want to push it into fourth. Not a big deal. I figure after I break it in a little it should be a little easier.

Cool, I have heard good things about that shifter, I was thinking that one, or maybe a steeda triax.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love my control arms and AS Brackets. It got rid of the nasty squat I was getting, and it really firmed up the rear end! You can feel the added stability when briskly accelerating through sweeping onramps. Before it would feel like the rear was walking out on me.

I think that you'll start to get a much better feel for installing your mods, and your install times will get quicker and quicker as you install more parts.

I installed my K-Member Brace w/ Torque Limiters, Anti Squat Brackets, Panhard Bar w/ Brace, and Upper Control Arm in 5 hours using hand tools and jack stands.

Keep it up man!

V

VSOP

Me I do my mods the easy way.. Pay the man with the lift and I don't have to lift a finger.. Then again its mostly cause I don't have a garage

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VSOP said:
Me I do my mods the easy way.. Pay the man with the lift and I don't have to lift a finger.. Then again its mostly cause I don't have a garage

That's how I used to do it, but the shop I was going to screwed up too many times. If I do the work, I can't blame anyone but me. Plus, I'm a freak, I'll check my work a couple times before moving to the next step.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i like the pro 5.0 shifter. no issues and the shifting is great.

V

VSOP

94tbird said:
i like the pro 5.0 shifter. no issues and the shifting is great.

I always liked the triax on my t5's but will hold off till my tr6060 which will get a triax. the k-member with stiffer mounts helped alot with making the shifts better

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im hoping theres more options for the 6060 soon so im not limited to the triax

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i jsut liek to keep my options open. i like to have choices lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back