Intercooler pump choices

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
I'm building an ice box for my KB and need some help on choosing an intercooler pump to mount in the trunk.

Any input would be apprecitated. I'm not sure on the flow rate or brand I will need.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Intercooler pump

I'm building an ice box for my KB and need some help on choosing an intercooler pump to mount in the trunk.

Any input would be apprecitated. I'm not sure on the flow rate or brand I will need.

I used the Ford Lighting pump,flows very well.I mounted mine under the car just below the tank,have it pull the fluid from the tank to(feed the intercooler).

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
I used an 03-04 Cobra pump and mounted it on the passenger side behind the front bumper, near the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir.
EDIT: Just read you said in the trunk...

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
im still using the pump supplied by kenne bell... works well for me... don't get one that flows too fast... i believe it was chevykiller(mark) who dound out the faster flowing ones don't cool as well as the stockish pumps

topgunn

forum member
Reaction score
pump

Check out the rule 2000,we mount them inside the water tank.Very good duty cycle,and very affordable.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Ford Lighting pump,flows very well.I mounted mine under the car just below the tank,have it pull the fluid from the tank to(feed the intercooler).

This is actually the one I was looking at getting. I figured the front pump will pull the fluid from HE and put it back to the tank. Then another mounted in the wheel well pulling the water out and pushing it into the intercooler.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Intercooler pump

This is actually the one I was looking at getting. I figured the front pump will pull the fluid from HE and put it back to the tank. Then another mounted in the wheel well pulling the water out and pushing it into the intercooler.

Just use one pump,put in the new Lightning where ever you want,keep the KB one as a spare.You don't want to over pump the system as the intercooler or rad won't efficently absorb the cooling effect from the fast moving water,this is called a delta t.Ie if you move your hand over an open flame quickly you won't get burned(no energy transfered) but slow your hand down & a burn or pain will result from the energy being absorbed.

racevert

ZKiller
Reaction score
The 03-04 Cobra and the Lightning pump are both the same Bosch pump.
The Johnson pump supplied by Kenne Bell flows slightly less.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back