Intercooler pump switch write up

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
This is a good idea when your at the track. While in the staging lanes or in the pits you can turn the switch on and it will circulate the intercooler fluid while the engine is off.

Here are the parts you will need and the tools to do the job:
Solder
Solder gun
Electrical wire
Electrical switch
Wire strippers
Drill/Drill bit
Heat shrink

100_4317.jpg

Here is where the relay box for the intercooler pump location:
100_4306.jpg

When you take the lid off you there are 2 relays: Later you will pull the relay that is towards the front of the car.
100_4307.jpg

First thing is to solder the wires on your switch (my soldering isnt the greatest):
100_4304.jpg

Then you should put some heat shrink over the terminals:
100_4305.jpg

Put the relay cover back on and mark where to drill your hole. Make sure you mark the hole over the area where there is no relays:
100_4310.jpg

Drill the hole on the relay cover:
100_4311.jpg

100_4312.jpg

Here are 2 angles showing where the wires go:
100_4308.jpg

100_4309.jpg

100_4313.jpg

Then plug the relay back in with the wires also in there. It will be a snug fit, if the relay has trouble going in trim down the wires to make them thinner.
100_4314.jpg

Put the relay cover back on, and your done:
100_4315.jpg

100_4316.jpg

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Definitely a good idea. :thumb:

Mine comes on when the key is on (along with the eH2O pump). Add in a remote fan switch, and it makes for a killer way to cool down at the track.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice Job. im setup similar to Don's way

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
JDM has one I have on my car for the Saleen Blower and it is a life saver. I shut off the car and it runs, always keeps temps in the 110 range at the track! very nice job on the GT500 looks good.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM has one I have on my car for the Saleen Blower and it is a life saver. I shut off the car and it runs, always keeps temps in the 110 range at the track! very nice job on the GT500 looks good.

is the pump on a thermostat? when does it shut off.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
is the pump on a thermostat? when does it shut off.
It is a toggle switch, I turn it on when I get there and leave it on till car goes back on the trailer. I cant tell you how well it works. call Jim Jr 732-780-0770 he will get you a price, takes minutes to install, all you do is plug it in! there is a photo of it on my myspace page, under the comments section. search for chris matters then scroll down on the comments.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is a toggle switch, I turn it on when I get there and leave it on till car goes back on the trailer. I cant tell you how well it works. call Jim Jr 732-780-0770 he will get you a price, takes minutes to install, all you do is plug it in! there is a photo of it on my myspace page, under the comments section. search for chris matters then scroll down on the comments.

thanks! Ill call Jim Jr.

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Mick Jim has them. He did ask me if I wanted one when we went over all the upgrades to my car. I told him no because I did not think I would be at the track that much. Maybe I should reconsider?

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Mick Jim has them. He did ask me if I wanted one when we went over all the upgrades to my car. I told him no because I did not think I would be at the track that much. Maybe I should reconsider?

yeah I would Mick...Im goin to call the 1st of this week.
again..you're gonna have a sweet ride bud! gotta love it :)

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Mick I can always count on you. I will tell Jr. on Monday to put it in. His father is not scheduled to do the dyno tune till Tuesday 5/15

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Ok Mick it is being installed. I forgot I told Jim Jr. to do when I dropped the car off, it this is part of the replacment to the Saleen set up, he is replacing the relay and putting the switch in.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok Mick it is being installed. I forgot I told Jim Jr. to do when I dropped the car off, it this is part of the replacment to the Saleen set up, he is replacing the relay and putting the switch in.

good deal! I ordered mine this morning..its on the way! :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back