Is there any way to tune my 2012 GT with out voiding my warranty??

Sinquefield

2010 GT
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2010 on a 2012 GT and want to buy the Steeda CAI and SCT Tuner but was wondering if there was anyway to tune the car without voiding my life time powertrain warranty?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
photobucket-17978-1329586006809.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2010 on a 2012 GT and want to buy the Steeda CAI and SCT Tuner but was wondering if there was anyway to tune the car without voiding my life time powertrain warranty?
You dont have a lifetime warranty.

Also this is not tech. Read the rules please.

Moved

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If its purchased through the dealer and installed by the dealer it wont void your warranty.

Sinquefield

2010 GT
Reaction score
Actually the dealership i purchased the car from offers a life time powertrain warranty, thanks.

You dont have a lifetime warranty.

Also this is not tech. Read the rules please.

Moved

62c38f8e-fca1-54aa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jpe

forum member
Reaction score
people keep asking about voiding there warranties we will need a damn sticky lol. one way to put it is if you that worried about voiding your warranty then leave it stock.

chaseevans72089

forum member
Reaction score
Actually the dealership i purchased the car from offers a life time powertrain warranty, thanks.

The dealership has nothing to do with the warranty.. Thats ford motor company that says how long the ford warranty is.. You can purchase an extended warranty through ford up to 100,000

Sinquefield

2010 GT
Reaction score
The dealership has nothing to do with the warranty.. Thats ford motor company that says how long the ford warranty is.. You can purchase an extended warranty through ford up to 100,000
Look up southern ford. They offer a life time powertrain warranty in their contract.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I could type a couple paragraphs about you Lifetime Warranty, but I won't waste my time. Have the dealer tune your car with Ford Racing tune and your warranty will be cut in half 3 years or 36,000 miles. Buy any aftermarket tune and you are SHIT out of LUCK period.

Last edited:

chaseevans72089

forum member
Reaction score
well then they must warranty it them selves and bypass fomoco and it must have a lot of little hidden print in the contract.. Because being a Ford employee I have never heard of such..

just searched their whole website. Didnt see anything about lifetime warranty. Are you sure they didnt sell you the lifetime service plan. Which takes care of all routine maintenance but cost a fortune?

I could type a couple paragraphs about you Lifetime Warranty, but I won't waste my time. Have the dealer tune your car with Ford Racing tune and your warranty will be cut in half 3 years or 36,000 miles. Buy any aftermarket tune and you are SHIT out of LUCK period.

That is so true and you know whats fucked up? The shelby gt which is the same engine with a cai and the procal has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty from the factory? lol wtf

Last edited by a moderator:

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
weather you mod it now or after the warranty period, its the same difference. either way your SOL if you break it. so just mod and it and quit being a pussy.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen that warranty here in town at a VW dealership. I think it's one of those gimmick deals to get you to buy a car. It's probably not worth a damn.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back