Kenwood DNX891HD, Factory Backup Camera, need help

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Allrightythen...

My wife needs to see behind her better when backing up. Her disability has reduced her head turning ability to be about 40% of a normal human beings ability. And our GT did not come with the rear camera in the spoiler. At the time it was a minimum $4000 higher cost for the car to get it, so we passed knowing I could install one later on...

So... I just purchased a new Factory rear spoiler, painted Ruby Red with the factory camera installed already. Here is what I know...

I need to find a factory plug either from Ford or somewhere to plug into the new camera on the spoiler, and wiring to run up to the head unit.

Any ideas where to get these?

Also...

I plan to purchase the DNX891HD head-unit in October or November (Black Friday comes to mind), but when looking at the owners manual it looks like the Camera connection is RCA, and I see the wire I am to plug into the Reverse wire... I however also see the CMOS connections.

So here are my questions on that...

Which set of connections do I use?

Do I need to get the Ford wires/connection or is this one of those items I will find "Pre-wired" in the car and all I have to do is connect the connections and we are done?

And as for the spoiler...

Is there a thread somewhere I missed when searching that walks us through removing and then mounting the new spoiler? I could have sworn there was...

Thank you!

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
How many wires are on the OEM camera at the connector?

It looks like there are 4 wires from the wiring diagram.

WH-VT goes to the SJB (power for the camera)
WH-GN goes to the front display (video +)
BN-VT goes to the front display (video -)
BK-VT goes to ground

So you could tap the 2 video wires and make and RCA connection to run to the Kenwood.

For power, your going to need to find that for the camera. I pulled mine in my 06 GT from the reverse light. This way the camera would power on when I put it in reverse.

As far as the spoiler...on my '12, there were 4 bolts that held it down and lots of double sided tape. and it popped right off.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I did a little work on this today. No factory wires... So I do need to find out what others did (And thank you for your input thus far BH2B) and or any tips are welcomed.

I have mounted the new mono amp on the back of the speaker box. Fit perfect, allows me to slide the entire box/amp in the shaker space and have about 1 1/2" of airspace for the amp to breath

The wing/spoiler should be here on Thursday...

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
So tap the power wire to the reverse 12V on the reverse bulb.
Ground anywhere

you are going to have to make an RCA video cable for the camera and run it to the HU.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back