Serious fuel pump problems..HELP

06BlckGT

Reaction score
Where to start..Bone stock 2006 GT,stock tune with 140,000 miles.About a month ago I was cruising down the street doing about 40 m.p.h. and my car suddenly starts sputtering and dies.Have it towed home and do some investigating to find out that fuses #41 (fuel pump) and #42 (engine number 3) i believe both blew.Replaced both fuses.Kept blowing fuel pump fuse.Had a spare pump laying around that I put in and all seemed to be good.For a few days.

Leaving for work one morning i crank her up.Starts,runs for about 2 seconds and dies.Tried it again,fuel pump dead and wont prime.Checked the fuses in the B.E.C. and SJB and all were good.Ordered brand new fuel pump and installed it still no go.Tried a known to be good FPDM borrowed from a friends Mustang.Still nothing.Checked relay,inertia switch and closely inspected just about every wire in the damn car.Checked grounds.What has me really stumped is the 4 pin connector that plugs into the pump is getting around 12.5 volts.Its getting 12 volts all the way to the connector on the unit right before the actual fuel pump(pic attached)..After that connector its dead.If I run 12 volts to the pump directly from the battery the pump fires right up.Please help me.Im beyond frustrated with this freaking pump..Thank you.

387526720_843057217313970_6444190767998585874_n.jpg

john knox

Reaction score
the ecm contol the ground, that modulated from ecm,i had same issues, i put new-used ecm in mine.i would run forscan see if it tell you ecm- ecu is bad what i did , that pic of me jumping the fuel pump it ran fine.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

06BlckGT

Reaction score
Replaced PCM and fuel pump still will not prime.However I spliced into the ground/return wire for the FPDM and grounded it and the fuel pump comes on and runs continuously with KOEO.The car will start and run but with p1233 fault code..I could use some help here.Im at my wits end with this f*cking car and I'm about to scrap it.

06BlckGT

Reaction score
Yes I have seen it.Cant count how many times over the past couple months.Electrical is definitely not a strong point for me.Becauae of your reply Im guessing I've overlooked something in the schematic?

Edqe

Reaction score
Check for proper grounding of the FPDM to frame (G400) on the schematic. Also check frame ground from battery. Make those surfaces are bright and shiny. Ohm out the wires/cable of both ground.

06BlckGT

Reaction score
I thought it was probably a problem with a ground since the pump runs if wire #57 on the schematic is grounded.ive checked all the grounds you've mentioned.All were clean and tight and ohm out under 5 ohms which I'm told is considered a good ground.

06BlckGT

Reaction score
I also was thinking there was maybe a problem with wire 922 or 928 since I was getting a p1233 but getting power to the fuel pump pigtail.visual inspection of both wires checked out.Im completely stumped here and don't know where to go from here .

Edqe

Reaction score
ohm those 2 wires from FPDM to PCM. You going to have to get creative and run a long enough wire extension from one end of the car to the other so your multimeter leads reach but it’s what you’re going to have to do to make sure you don’t have a break between those two connections. Aside from that I think your friends FPDM is bad. $30 through Amazon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back