Line Lock Wiring

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install my JPC Line Lock tonight. I have a base 300A GT, which has just cruise control from factory. My wife bought me a GT Premium steering wheel, so the buttons on the right half of my wheel are completely unused. Although it is a completely different unit than factory, my car still had a pigtail to plug into the switches for media control.

I'm wanting to wire the line lock to the Phone button on the steering wheel. I've seen threads of wiring it to the cruise control but none of to a different button.

1. Will this work?
2. Will there be power running to this?
3. Should I wire before the clock spring or after?

I'm at work now but will yank the steering wheel off when I get home to further verify the situation behind the air bag but appreciate any help I can get in the mean time!

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Though I'm a different year, it's the same principle. I installed the line lock setups for the left and right side (after the ABS block of course) and wired them into a flip down lock power switch in the center console storage box. After the power is turned on at the safety switch, it passes through a 3' coil cord with a thumb switch, then onward to the line locks.

This allows me to flip the safety switch, extend the coil cord out of the box, and keep the end with the thumb switch in my non-shifting hand. Then it's just as simple as pressing down with my thumb switch to engage the line locks, then just release to launch. I've played with holding onto the coil thumb switch assembly, and just letting it go so that it retracts into my lap. Didn't matter one way or another and the interior of my car stays clean with the cord stored in the center console.

Pics on request.

This allows me to

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
I just started my JPC line lock install this afternoon. I'm undecided on which way I'm going to wire the activation button on my JPC line lock too. I ordered a pistol grip coil cord as one option, but may just end up using a lighted rocker switch instead. I figured now would be a good time to install the JPC clutch line too since I will have to bleed the system afterwards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 31

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures as requested. Char259, I'll also e-mail them to you shortly.

Layout inside the center console:

Closeup of switch:

Cord at steering wheel, ready to launch, and then just let it re-coil when I let go and it slings into passenger seat:

More details available on request...

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
If you mean did I wire it into the brake switch at the pedal, no I didn't. Hooked into always hot power source to the safety covered switch, through the coil switch, then to each of the line lock solenoids.

If you meant something else, let me know.

Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back