longer wheel studs

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
what is involved in installing longer wheel studs in the rear axles. does the third member cover have to be removed. what id the proceedure to bull the rear axles. Mechanically inclined, but just have never removed axles from a car.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what is involved in installing longer wheel studs in the rear axles. does the third member cover have to be removed. what id the proceedure to bull the rear axles. Mechanically inclined, but just have never removed axles from a car.
All you need is a BFH (not to be confused with your BFF Jill), new studs, an impact gun, a few grade 10.8 1/2" x 20 nuts, and a stack of washers.
Smack out the old and pull in the new.

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
All you need is a BFH (not to be confused with your BFF Jill), new studs, an impact gun, a few grade 10.8 1/2" x 20 nuts, and a stack of washers.
Smack out the old and pull in the new.

Don't I have to remove the axles to remove the old studes, or is there a hole behind the axle flange for them to go through?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't I have to remove the axles to remove the old studes, or is there a hole behind the axle flange for them to go through?
I don't remember details but I didn't remove the axles or diff cover for sure.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All you need is a BFH (not to be confused with your BFF Jill)

the ole phrase " happily retarded " comes to mind lmao , if i remember correctly you remove the caliper , caliper bracket , then rotors and beat them out with thumps bff slide the new ones through add a few washers pull it through , add more pull more ect. until tight

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back