Lurker finally saying hi

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I registered a while ago, when I bought my first Mustang, a 2013 GT. Since then, I've just been reading and reading and sponging up info. It will likely be that way for a while still, but I have a lot of catching up to do with learning about this car, so you probably won't see me post very often.

I had grown up as a GM guy, then moved to imports, but now that I'm a bit older (and a bit wiser, though that's still questionable) I found myself longing for those old days of having a V8 under the hood. Nothing quite like it.

A coworker of mine would run shuttle for me to and from the train station while I was without a car some years back. This was in his brand-new 2005 Mustang, and though I still had turbo 4's on the mind, there was something incredibly alluring to the car. The look, the feel while sitting in it, the history of the marque.

Fast-forward some years, and the opportunity came up to get myself a new (used) car. The Camaro and Challenger, while both fitting the requirements of American + V8 + 2 doors + manual transmission, just didn't do it for me in the looks department. The Camaro was too claustrophobic inside. With me being on the "less-tall" end of the scale, getting a decent view out the window slits was frustrating. The Challenger just looked too much like it had hiked up its pants too high. The Mustang, though, fit the bill perfectly. I had loved the 2013 Boss 302 the first time I saw it, but I felt guilty about potentially using one as just a daily. So I managed to find a GT somewhat nearby that was the color I wanted, with (most of) the options I had wanted, and hurriedly picked it up.

So now I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 Sterling Grey GT with the Track Pack option and leather. Sadly, no Recaros but my ass appreciated the heated seats over the winter. The previous owner had already gotten some upgrades installed. From what I gather, here's what's on it:
= Boss 302 intake
= FRPP Stinger/S-type axleback
= some sort of X-pipe
= Hurst shifter
I've only added some hood struts and a catch can since. I forgot how expensive a hobby cars can be. Nevertheless, the "this will get done very very slowly someday" wishlist goes:
= MGW shifter (If they still do installs, I would love do drive down to GA and see a new part of the country as a side benefit)
= Vorshlag Bilsteins w/ FRPP K-springs
= BMR Watts link (and everything else BMR while I'm at it)
= Lund/Fluid turbo (now I'm REALLY dreaming)
But for now, I think the next mod will have to be getting some tires to replace the Pirellis. I'm trying to get rid of them (read: two black strips at a time) as soon as possible. ;)

Anyhow, that's enough of my long-winded intro for now. Thanks to everyone for all of the info you've put up in this forum over the years. I'm late to the party, but I'm glad to be here finally.

Oh and here's a crappy pic I took of the car back when I first got it. My photography skills suck, so I don't have many photos of it. It basically still looks the same today anyhow.

IMG_2326-500.jpg

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Already learned a lot from everyone, back to more reading for now.

@stkjock I'm in Western Suffolk.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Already learned a lot from everyone, back to more reading for now.

@stkjock I'm in Western Suffolk.

you hit up Captree/OBI on Sunday mornings?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the sunday before last there were at least 800 cars at Captree

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize it was THAT big of a gathering. I had figured maybe 100 on a good day. I was way way off.

With that many in attendance, people don't get out of hand? I'm guessing it's a bit more mature/sensible group that gathers than the old DPA parking lots I last remember.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's pretty chill, every now and again you get someone doing a small burnout on the way out

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Sounds good to me! I'll definitely have to check it out this summer. What time do things get rolling? I'm going to have to cut back on late Saturday nights.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
summer it moves to OBI, guys start showing up at 6 am I think. Typically by 7:30-8:00 am the lot is full if it's a nice day. It will clear out some by 9-9:30

Dustin@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!

https://lmr.com/2010-14-Mustang

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys!

summer it moves to OBI, guys start showing up at 6 am I think. Typically by 7:30-8:00 am the lot is full if it's a nice day. It will clear out some by 9-9:30

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to set my alarm damn early but if (when) I make it down there, I'll be sure to say hi if I can find you!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back