mcleod rxt clutch & flywheel now CEL

forty74

Reaction score
I installed a McLeod rxt clutch and stell flywheel now I have a cel code p0300 ,I was told I need a crank relearn , but I have a bama tune on the car and was wondering if I should return to stock before relearn,and will this lock out my tuner. Anyone dealt with this before, what's the easiest way to fix .

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Bama tune and installed an ACT clutch and flywheel in my car. Took it to the dealership and had them run the relearn. No issues with locking out tunes. installed headers a few months later and put several new tunes on no problem.

forty74

Reaction score
local dealer say's he have to flash pcm to relearn maybe i'll try another dealer

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
There is no need to reflash the PCM. Talk to the service manager, let them know the the procedure is described in the manual as part of the clutch replacement procedure and it is through the IDS. And like others have said, if they don't know what they are doing, call around. Tell them to check the clutch replacement procedures, I think the procedure is found there.

forty74

Reaction score
Thanks will do you they hate when you tell them how to do it lol, I'll run it past them I dont want to call bama with new code and wait on new tunes
QUOTE=stepqhen;1855649]There is no need to reflash the PCM. Talk to the service manager, let them know the the procedure is described in the manual as part of the clutch replacement procedure and it is through the IDS. And like others have said, if they don't know what they are doing, call around. Tell them to check the clutch replacement procedures, I think the procedure is found there.[/QUOTE]

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, sometimes you have to reflash to stock, sometimes you do not. 100% depends on the tune and what is turned off. I believe it's the misfire detection threshold. Mine was set lower than the test needs to be done at so it wouldn't relearn. I didn't feel like testing that theory so I wrote a new tune over a base with the new maf curve, and ID 1000 injector data. Started it and learned it no problem. Reloaded badass tune, drove off

forty74

Reaction score
clutch

Update took car to ford kept my mouth close about clutch replacement handed him tsb 13-6-15 for code p0300 with no misfire ,they replaced o-ring and performed neutral profileand correction test drove five miles best of all free of charge

DGRacing

Reaction score
Yes, you need to reflash to stock and do a crank relearn with the Ford IPS system. Then re-apply your tune. I had to do this.
Unless you know what you are doing, have your tuner do this or you could risk bricking your car's ECU.

rsb5772

Reaction score
Wut??? You hiding something in that motor? lol

lol I'm not sure about starting the engine, I drop it off but I think they have to warm it up and rev it to like 5000rpm a few times

Ha. Not hiding anything yet, but I don't think it would run on the factory tune, and I'm not going to leave them my car, where they could go on a test/joy ride.

rsb5772

Reaction score
Exactly. I've taken a car to the dealer before, for warranty work. Should have been done that day, but wasn't. I was there the next day when they opened, and saw an employee drive it in. Turns out, he took it home the night before.

DGRacing

Reaction score
They will have to run the motor to do a crank sensor relearn. The ECU needs to detect the new crank position frequency......while it is running....normally only dealers and tuners who license the Ford IDS programmer can do relearns.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back