Mikes first home!!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah man. Regularly $150 each. I really wanted to grab a set of those woven ones in the back of it that were half off but I was afraid one of our dogs would chew through them when we weren't home. I'm going to look for a set of padded seat cushions for the benches to throw on when I head back.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Next up on my list is buying a 27-32" flat screen to mount on the gazebo during the Black Friday sales. There's a few for under $100. I'm just looking to see how I could get a waterproof cover over them. Found a couple online that are pulled over the tv and say they protect it from water but I want to make sure it won't get to the tv. Any ideas??
I want to run a cable out from our bedroom so I can take our directv box outside when we use the firepit and take our DVD player out to watch movies too.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Good luck with the water proofing on the tv, let us know what you come up with.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Now that the weather is nicer, it's time to do some more work around the house. First up is taking out a lot of these damn palm trees I have in the entry way, and around the backyard. My buddy is taking them out this weekend and taking them. I just need ideas from you guys on what I should plant in the entry way when they're gone. I was thinking of adding a bench, then planting decorative trees and bushes along the sides and back to fill the space in. Just don't know what.

That's where you guys come in. Pretend you're landscape designers and you have to fill in that space. What would you do or add? pics are welcome and any ideas too. I'm totally lost on what to fill in there.

Don't mind the grass. About to cut it and water it in a bit.

image-10_zpsdd8cc4d2.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well it's been almost 2 years later and I finally got rid of the palm trees up front haha. I'm thinking of stuff to fill the space and right now. I'm thinking of building a wooden wall right up front for privacy and then making a small seating area with a small table behind it. Also, planting some new plants/bushes Plus maybe a small tree once I can figure out what tree would fit there.

I'll update some pics of our flooring inside. Got rid of the laminate and installed some dark wood look tile this past year, along with new carpet in all the rooms recently. Put up an 8 camera video surveillance system also since I run a firearms dealing business from my home on the side. All of this, along with finishing up our nursery the past month for our newborn son who's now 2 weeks old. I've been off work for 2 weeks and have 1 more week to go Before going back. I'm trying to get some stuff done around the house before I head back and hopefully I can get the privacy wall out front done in the next couple of days.

I took out that last stump in the front corner after taking this picture.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A shadow box fence along the front for privacy and a coy pond with some sort of fountain thing for water circulation.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back